In today’s Madden 19 tip, we are going over the 2nd play in our Gun Stack Y-Flex Mini Scheme. If you missed it, you can check out the first play from the scheme here.
Check out the 2nd play below.
Playbook: Atlanta Falcons
Formation: Gun Stack Y Flex
Play: Fade Out
- Hot route the X/square receiver to a slant route
- (Optional) Block your running back
- (Optional) Put your tight end on a slant route or whip route
- Your first read is the X/square receiver on the slant
- Then look to the A/X receiver on the shallow post/slant
- Your B/circle receiver on the deep post can get open as well
- Your last read is the Y/triangle receiver on the wheel route
Overview: This play attacks the short and deep middle of the field, forcing a defensive user to have to pick who he wants to take away. Use this play to beat particularly Cover 2 and man coverage.