In today’s Madden School tip, Stickwork is back and going over a way to beat cover 3 defenses in Madden 18.
We’ve got the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Oakland Raiders
Formation: Gun Trey Open Offset
Play: Y Corner
- Streak the A/X tight end
- Drag the RB/R1 receiver
- (Optional) Block the running back
- The first read on the play is the A/X tight end up the seam
- If that is not there look for the X/Square receiver deep over the middle
- Then progress to your first check down the RB/R1 receiver
- Also, you have the running back quick out of the backfield
Overview: This play is a very simple but effective way to beat a Cover 3 style defense. The streak beats the defense up the seam, while it also takes away the deep blue leaving the X/Square receiver open.