Welcome to Madden 18! If you are just getting started with the game, we have compiled a whole library of free Madden 18 tips! Today’s play goes over how to beat every common coverage in the game deep.
If you are interested in really taking your game to the next level, make sure to check out Madden School Unlimited!
Check out our full breakdown below.
Playbook: Los Angeles Rams
Formation: Gun Spread Y Slot Wk
Play: Double Post
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a streak route
- Motion your Y/triangle receiver over to the right
- Either block your running back or put him on an out route to the right
- Against cover 2 zone or cover 2 man, your X/square receiver will get open deep
- Against cover 3 or cover 4 defense, look to your Y/triangle receiver (lead pass towards the sideline)
- If you put your running back on the out route, he is a good bailout option.
Overview: This is an extremely easy play that beats any coverage in the Madden 18.
Let’s break this play down in a little more detail…
This is how the play art should look pre-snap. Remember, you can also block your running back if you are worried about the blitz.
We read that it is a cover 2 defense, so we know our X/square receiver will be open deep.
We catch the ball in the middle of the field, beating both defenders for an easy touchdown.
Here is a link to more of our free Madden 18 money plays. Browse through them, take the ones you like, and implement them into your scheme.
Our first 2 Madden 18 eBooks are available now! Check out the free previews at the links below.