In today’s Madden School tip, Stickwork is going over a nice play to beat Cover 3 defenses in Madden 18.
You can check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Chicago Bears
Formation: Gun Doubles Y Off Wk
Play: Double Post
- Put the X/Square receiver on a fade
- Put the B/O receiver on a drag
- The first read on the play is the running back quick out of the backfield
- Then progress to the Y/Triangle receiver deep over the middle
- If that is not there look to the A/X tight end
- Check down to the B/O receiver if need be
Overview: These route combinations are specifically made to beat a Cover 3 style defense. The fade on the left side of the screen clears out the area leaving the A/X tight end. While the post route by the Y/Triangle receiver gets in between the zones deep over the middle.