You always want to be able to run out of passing formations and to pass out of running formations. This way your opponent can’t key in on what you are going to do based on the formation you come out in.
In this tip, Stickwork is going over a nice passing play out of the I-Form Slot Flex formation in Madden 18.
Formation: I Form Slot Flex
Play: PA Post Wheel
- Put the A/X tight end on a fade
- Put the running back on an out to the left
- The first read on the play will be the A/X tight end on the fade
- If that is not there look to the B/O receiver
- Then turn to the X/Square receiver deep over the middle
- If all else fails check down to the running back
Overview: This play is very effective because it has a little something to beat just about any type of zone defense. It will attack your opponent deep down the field and short. It is always nice to be able to pass out of a run heavy formation.
Let’s take a look at this play in more detail.
This is how the play setup should look right before we snap the ball.
Against cover 3 and cover 4 defenses, we have a window to throw to our receiver on the wheel route (pass lead to the sideline).
We make the catch for a gain of about 15-20 yards.
Join Madden School Unlimited today and get instant access to all of our Madden 18 eBooks!