In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over a play that you can use to beat cover 3 defenses for big gains.
You can check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: San Diego Chargers
Formation: Gun Empty Base Flex
Play: Middle Hi Lo
- Put the A/X receiver on a streak
- Put the Y/Triangle receiver on a drag route
- Put the X/Square receiver on a slant route
- The main read on this play is the RB/R1 receiver deep
- The check downs are the drag and the slant route
Overview: This play completely flood the Cover 3 Zone leaving the RB/R1 receiver wide open for a huge gain. This play is not really made to be ran all the time but a few times a game can result in some big gains.