In today’s free Madden 16 tip, we are going over a play out of the New York Jets playbook called Slot Stick Nod.
We don’t look to our top 2 receivers at all on this play. Instead, we are targeting our #3 receiver, our tight end, and our running back.
You can check out the full setup below.
Playbook: New York Jets
Formation: Gun Empty Jet
Play: Slot Stick Nod
- Hot route your tight end to a slant route
- Hot route your running back to a drag route
- Your first read is your RB/R1 receiver on the stick nod route
- Your running back underneath will be open just about every time
- Your tight end on the slant route can also get open
Overview: You have 3 legit options over the middle of the field. All 3 of them can get open against both man and zone coverage but you will have to read the defense.
Let’s take a more detailed look at this Madden 16 money play.
This is how we should be lined up right before we snap the ball.
You can see that against man to man defense, a lot of times the tight end on the slant route will provide a pick against the defender trying to cover our running back on the drag route.
We decide to throw to our slot receiver on the Stick Nod route and it gets us about 18 yards.