For those of you who weren’t able to tune into the EA Sports live stream of Madden 15, we’ve put together a few of the important takeaways that serious Madden gamers will need to know.
The stream focuses mostly on defensive gameplay improvements. Some of the new information includes:
- Madden 15 ratings will begin to come out on Monday
- New Max protect in offensive line slide protection replaces aggressive shift. Max protect blocks all TEs and RBs
- Bluff Blitz added. Player starts like he is blitzing and then drops into coverage
- Triangle/Y + right stick allows you to protect over the top, underneath, shade coverage inside or shade coverage outside
- Y/Y or triangle/triangle instructs your defense to protect the first down marker
- You can make defensive adjustments at the same speed as previous years. The much talked about hot route delay only applies to offense
- Wide defensive formations do a better job of stopping outside runs
- You now have the option on offense to bat down throws with your wide receiver that you think will be intercepted
- QB Contains are much improved
- All-Pro will feel much more difficult than last year
- Still all kinds of dropped picks everywhere
- No information yet on Madden 15 Ultimate Team or Connected Franchise Mode
If you watched the stream and think we missed anything, let us know in the comments section below.
For those of you who missed the live stream, you can watch it here.
Is there still gonna be a offline franchise mode? And in franchise mode will we be able to play the pro bowl?
No franchise information was released today unfortunately. When I know, though I’ll be sure to post it.
Do they have the create a team feature back the the game this year?
What do you mean by create a team? Like in franchise mode?
No the one like create a player
…will the old D-Pad setup option still be available in M15? Also about Online Communities; will/did EA fix the issue with deletion of created Private or Public Communities? It is very annoying to have to recreate one all the time. Keep up the good work, thx
whats the reason they took off def player matchups from the coaching options tab…it’d be nice to have peterson follow megatron everyplace he goes..i dont get it..it was in previous versions but not last few…what gives
I’m not sure. That is a feature the community absolutely wants back though
ITs hard to keep 32 user all active can get custom league were u set up the amount of players without CPU nobody wants to play cpu