Cover 2 and Cover 3 defenses are the most popular coverages every year in Madden. It’s a good bet that you’ll come across one of those defenses every offensive series.
In this Madden 20 tip, we are going over a play that destroys both of those defenses.
Want more schemes like this? Join Madden School Unlimited today!
Playbook: Oakland Raiders
Formation: Gun Tight Slots HB Wk
- Block your tight end
- Smart route your X/square receiver
- Motion your B/circle receiver to the right and hot route him to a comeback
- (Optional) Put your running back on a wheel route
- Your first read is always your running back in the flat on a quick pass. He won’t always be open though
- Your Y/triangle receiver should get open against any zone defense in the game
- You can also look to the X/square receiver deep against cover 3
- Against man to man defense, throw to your B/circle receiver on the comeback route.
Overview: This play absolutely destroys any cover 2 or cover 3 defense with multiple receivers getting open against each.
Let’s take a look at some screenshots.
This is how the final play art should look right before we snap the ball.
This defense appears to be a cover 3 so we will have both our corner route and our post route open.
Our receiver on the post route runs right past the safety. This route takes some practice to throw, you won’t want to throw it late otherwise it will get intercepted.
We make the catch and walk into the endzone for a touchdown.
We have entire schemes like this one but even more effective inside of our Madden School Unlimited section. Get instant access to all our ebooks, tools, and schemes for an entire year!