The latest update that EA Sports released messed with a lot of the coverage logic for deep zones in Madden 21.
The update took away a lot of ways we used to beat cover 3 defenses, but it opened up a lot of different route combinations that hadn’t worked in the past.
In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over one way to absolutely destroy cover 3 defenses deep just like we were able to pre-patch.
This play was filmed on a next gen console, but it also works on current gen as well.
If you are a Madden School Unlimited member, we just released a bunch of new plays in the members area that are tested to work after the latest update. You’ll want to check out after you watch the video below!
Let’s dive in.
Playbook: New Orleans Saints
Formation: Gun Tight Offset TE
Play: Slot Outs
- Make sure you are on the right hash mark
- Hot route the Y/triangle receiver to a hitch route
- Hot route the A/X tight end to a smart routed in route
- (Optional) Block your running back
- Double team the outside most rusher on the left side of the screen
- Your primary read on this play is the X/square receiver deep against cover 3 defenses
Overview: This is a shot play that we’ll call if we expect our opponent to be in a cover 3 defense. Make sure to run it to the wide side of the field and use a quarterback with decent arm strength.