We are happy to be back covering our 13th Madden game! Today we are going over a really easy money play that you can use right when you pick up the game that will get you 25-30 yards every against every defense in the game.
This is a new play that was just added this year so we thought it was a suitable play to cover for our first free Madden 20 tip of the year.
Check it out below!
Playbook: Arizona Cardinals
Formation: Shotgun Cluster HB Str
Play: Post Curls
- Block your running back
- Hot route your X/square receiver to a streak route
- Put your tight end on a drag route or motion him to the left and snap it when he gets between the LT and LG to provide an extra blocker
- (Optional) Slide protect left
- Your main read on this play is always the B/circle receiver against any coverage
- If he is user defended, look to the Y/triangle receiver underneath
- Or the tight end on the optional drag route
Overview: This play forces your opponent into trying to user the deep post (if he knows it is coming). If he does that, one of your 2 underneath receivers will be open underneath. Just take what the defense gives you.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is a screenshot of how the final play art should look right before you snap the ball.
Right after the snap, you can see that we have our 2 underneath receivers open right away. You can throw it to one of them if you feel like you are about to get sacked.
If you wait just a little longer, you can see the deep post route that your B/circle receiver is running gets wide open on the left side of the field. He is our primary target.
Our receiver catches the ball with no one around him.
We end up with a gain of 32 yards before we are finally pushed out of bounds.
Want more of the best Madden 20 tips? Our first Madden 20 ebook will be released in just a few days. Get access to every ebook we release all year, all of our playbook tools, and much more by joining Madden School Unlimited today!