In today’s free Madden 23 tip, we are going over a play that beats every zone defense in the game (even if they have 30 yard zone drops set).
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: New York Jets
Formation: Gun Tight Y Off
Play: TE Corner
- Make sure you are on the right hash mark
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a streak route
- You first want to immediately diagnose whether your opponent is sending a blitz or dropping into coverage
- If it is a blitz, look to your X/square receiver on a quick pass underneath or the running back on the angle route
- If your opponent is dropping back into coverage, look to the A/X tight end on the corner route
Overview: This play has 3 options that get open against every zone defense in the game, just make sure to make your reads properly and check to make sure your opponent isn’t user defending the receiver you are throwing to.
Pro Tip: If you are throwing to one of the underneath receivers, throw it immediately after they make their cut. Don’t wait for them to get to the middle of the field as that will allow 1 defender to cover 2 receivers.
Let’s take a closer look at how this all works.
This is how the final play art should look before we snap the ball. Notice we are on the right hash mark.
Right away we can see that our opponent is only sending 4 pass rushers at the quarterback. We have a huge window underneath but we’ll decide to hold onto the ball a little longer to try to hit our big play receiving option.
Our tight end on his corner route is going to sneak underneath any defender in a deep blue zone (which our B/circle receiver will take deep).
We make the catch on the sideline for a 30 yard gain.
For more of the best Madden 23 tips, guides, and ebooks become a Madden School Unlimited member today!