Every year EA Sports announces the ratings for each individual player before the release of that year’s Madden NFL game. This is pretty useful because we can see which players have made the biggest jumps from last year to this year. Did you know that Richard Sherman was the lowest rated cornerback in Madden 12? He is the highest rated cornerback in Madden 15.
Lets take a look at some of the players who have seen significant ratings adjustments from Madden 25 to Madden 15.
- Jets DT Damon Harris: 22 point overall increase
- Broncos TE Julius Thomas: 20 point overall increase
- Broncos RT Chris Clark: 20 point overall increase
- Rams RE Robert Quinn: 19 point overall increase
- Bills LB Kiko Alonso: 18 point overall increase
- Raiders K Sebastain Janikowski: 18 point overall decrease
- Giants LT Will Beatty: 15 point overall decrease
- Rams RG Davin Joseph: 14 point overall decrease
- Patriots C Ryan Wendell: 13 point overall decrease
- Ravens RB Ray Rice: 12 point overall decrease
Some Other Fun Facts
Giants QB Eli Manning must have got a lot worse this past season at play action passes seeing his play action rating go down a whopping 29 points from the beginning of Madden 25 to Madden 15. Matt Schuab’s play action rating fell 24 points.
Punter Pat McAfee saw his pursuit and hit power ratings jump 30 points each likely due to this hit on Trindon Holiday.
You can download the spreadsheet below to see how every returning player’s ratings changed from Madden 25 to Madden 15.