Cover 3 is still the most popular defense in Madden 22 so today we are going over one way to beat it deep.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: New England Patriots
Formation: Gun Wing Flex Wk
Play: Redzone HB Scissors
- Make sure you are on the left hash mark
- Hot route your A/X tight end to a delayed fade route
- Hot route your B/circle tight end to a flat route
- Double team the outside most rusher on the right
- Your primary read against cover 3 defenses is the Y/triangle receiver. Lead pass up
- If he is covered, read between your running back and tight end in the flat
- Your final read is to release your tight end on the delayed fade route
Overview: This is a big of a different way to beat cover 3 defenses that can be really effective if you need to change it up a little.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works!
This is how the pre-snap play art should look. Make sure you are on the left hash mark
You can see that the Y/triangle receiver on the crossing route sneaks behind the cornerback on the right side of the screen.
We use the RAC animation to run after the catch and turn it upfield.
The play ends with us walking into the endzone untouched.
Want more of our best Madden 22 tips? Check out Madden School Unlimited today!