In today’s free Madden School tip, we are going over a play from the Gun Split Close formation. Every year it is a popular and effective formation and this year is no different.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Denver Broncos
Formation: Gun Split Close
Play: PA F Slide
- Put the X/Square receiver on a streak
- Put the B/O receiver on a slant and motion him a step to the right
- The main read on this play is going to be the A/X receiver on his post route
- Then look for the RB/R1 running back to the flats
- If that is not there look for the B/O receiver on the slant
Overview: This play is mainly designed to be a zone beater. However, the video shows a couple ways to beat man coverage as well. The X/Square receiver on the streak is used as a clear out to leave space for the A/X receiver on the post to be wide open.