Today we are going over a play from the Singleback Y Trips formation that is really effective against cover 2 defenses.
Check it out below.
Playbook: Jacksonville Jaguars
Formation: Singleback Y Trips
Play: Double China
- Put the B/O receiver on a smoke screen
- Put the RB/R1 receiver on a hitch
- Block the running back
- Motion the RB/R1 receiver to the left side of the screen
- The first reads on this play is the RB/R1 receiver on the hitch route that can also be playmakered
- The second read on the play is the B/O receiver on the smoke screen
- Then look for the A/X tight end as the deep read on the right side of the field
- Finally, find the A/Square receiver deep over the middle of the field
Overview: Here we go over a way to exploit Cover 2 defenses in Madden 19. The hitch route by the RB/R1 receiver is a quick read and you can also playmaker him anywhere on the field.
While on the right side of the field we have a high and low read by the B/O receiver and the A/X tight end. Then the post pattern by the X/Square receiver will be able to split the safeties as well.