In today’s Madden School tip, we are look at a money play out of the Singleback Wing Slot formation.
Check out the full analysis below.
Playbook: Kansas City Chiefs
Formation: Singleback Wing Slot
Play: Inside Cross
- Put the RB/R1 tight end on a streak
- Block the running back
- Motion the X/Square receiver to the right
- The first read on this play is the X/Square receiver deep on the post corner route
- Then look for the B/O receiver on the drag route
- Finally, check down to the A/X tight end if need be
Overview: This play is all about getting our playmakers into space. The X/Square receiver’s route is very difficult to guard and will gain huge chunks of yardage. However, along with this our underneath routes will also have a lot of space to make things happen in the open field with big play possibilities.