HB Wheel out of the Gun Split Close formation has been a staple play in Madden the past few years and it’s no different this year. Without good usering on defense, you can dink and dunk all the way down the field and then hit your opponent over the top for big plays once they crash down.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Atlanta Falcons
Formation: Gun Split Close
Play: HB Wheel
- Hot route the B/circle receiver to either a streak route or a slant route
- Motion the B/circle receiver out and snap the ball
- Your first look is to your running backs in the flat
- Then look to the B/circle receiver on the slant route or the X/square receiver on the post
- Your final read is the A/X receiver on the corner route
Overview: This play provides the user with the opportunity to attack all areas of the field really easily and quickly, especially the flats – making this play very effective against defenses that rely on heavy zone pressure leaving the flats open.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is one way to setup the play. Notice the B/circle receiver on the slant route. You can put him on a streak route instead of you’d like.
Right after we snap the ball, we see our running backs are both gonna be open in the flat.
We throw to the running back on the right.
We are able to turn it up field for about a 7 yard gain.
Want more of the best Madden 19 tips and strategies? Join Madden School Unlimited today!