In today’s free Madden School tip, we are going over a simple play that beats most zone defenses in Madden 17 for a short gain. It isn’t a game breaking play but it is a nice play to mix into your scheme from time to time.
You can check it out below.
Playbook: Oakland Raiders
Formation: Gun Trio Offset
Play: Raiders Levels Sail
- Put the X/Square receiver on a drag route
- Put the B/O receiver on a fade
- Motion the B/O receiver to the right side of the screen
- The first read on this play is the running back out of the backfield
- The second read on this play is the A/X receiver on the corner route
- The third read on this play is the X/Square receiver on the drag route
Overview: This play will destroy most zone defenses because we are flooding the right side of the field. No matter what zones are over there, with the correct read, a player will be open. Having the drag route for a check down can be really useful as well.
Enjoying our free Madden 17 tips? You will love Madden School Unlimited!