Skip links

3-4 Bear Breakdown Part 2: Cover 2 Invert

We are back with part 2 of the 3-4 Bear breakdown.  This time we are going over a good run stopping play that still has good coverage.  That makes it great for when your opponent is in the red zone.

Part 1 featuring the 3-4 Bear cover 3 defense can be found here.

Madden 15 Run Defense: 3-4 Bear Cover 2 Invert

Playbook: Cleveland Browns

Formation: 3-4 Bear

Play: Cover 2 Invert

Setup:

1. Base Align
  2. Edge Rush
  3. Control your FS on the Yellow Zone

This is part 2/3 of my 3-4 Bear break down! In part 1, I showed you guys how to run the Cover 3. Today, I will show you how to run the Cover 2 Invert to stop some of the most overly used runs! (Strong Power, Counter, 01 Trap, Inside Zone) I use this formation when I get into the Redzone as it doubles as great pass coverage because all you have to do is lurk the middle of the field, and it also has great RUN STOP ability!

Some key things to watch for when running this play:

1. Don’t over pursue. Be sure to keep the running back in front of you at all times.

2. Your goal is to set the edge. Don’t let them get outside.

3. HIT SOMEBODY!

So what’s the “Secret” to this play? Well I am going to tell you that! The secret to this play is to Option the running back, and lurk the middle of the field about 5-10 back. Make sure you hold LT/L2 to strafe that way you have more time to diagnose any outside runs and meet them before they cut it back upfield!

Subscribe
Notify of

2 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Bthomas
Bthomas
8 years ago

I am having a huge problem kicking field goals! At all other madden games I have been a pro at it. For some reason I keep shanking them wide right. Like they go straight to the right, not even up the field, and its been costing me games! Do you have any suggestions for my field goal shanking problem?