Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Im Done

Gamertag
    THESHADOW1687
    PSN ID
    FLYNFOURTWO
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What?! I was just about to make a post about weeden. I loved playing w the browns. He went 28/32.

I also noticed running was easy with the raiders. Steelers are fantastic to play with. Wallace is a beast.

Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

Quote Originally Posted by fLYn42 View Post
    What?! I was just about to make a post about weeden. I loved playing w the browns. He went 28/32.

I also noticed running was easy with the raiders. Steelers are fantastic to play with. Wallace is a beast.
    Im going off of what Bruce said. The Steelers are nice dont like Heath Miller, too slow for me, secondary is weak as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4th and Inches Xbox One League

Gamertag
    Jaysfinest1

Quote Originally Posted by fsaddlejr View Post
    I'm kinda getting the hang of running now. Before every play I'm literally playing it out in my head where each blocker is goin and how the defense is going to try to get past those blocks. You almost have to predetermine where you are going to go through the line at
    i lik this post. when i was playing the demo, the first run i did i got tripped out between the middle gap. but then as the play broke, and i was waiting for the handoff, i kinda tried to slow-mo everything and look for what's being picked up and so forth and make a judgement off of that. good post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE TRUTH!!!!

Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

If they are expecting the run, its tough to get yards. Bruce and I played 2 games last night and once I got the hang of what he was doing, I pretty much shut down his run game.

Gamertag
    Jaysfinest1

true. well as long as play-action is fixed then i'm happy.

THE TRUTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crice256 View Post
    If they are expecting the run, its tough to get yards. Bruce and I played 2 games last night and once I got the hang of what he was doing, I pretty much shut down his run game.
    It should be hard if they are expecting it.

There are things that you can do to throw them off where you are running though. Motion can be used as deception in order to open up running lanes on the side you are running. Running weak is a must, if you can't run weak you are going to face over sets and strong side help all game. Utilizing constraint theory is another area that can help open up the run game, the screen game along with swing passes can gash people once they start trying to cheat against the run.

Even the best rushing attacks have to do things to throw off the other team. If they put 8 in the box and you still think you should be running free then you are mistaken, if you always run strong side or aren't using motion to deceive and confuse then people are going to start jumping on your runs. However, when you are able to deceive and confuse the defense to where exactly you are going while having a good set of constraint plays to keep them from cheating you should be able to run all day long.

Why Every Team Should Apply Constraint Theory On Offense
    Last edited by baller7345; 08-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Gamertag
    The Bruce Ree

Just played Bruce twice and my 4 man rush never got enough pressure to make him throw a pick, he had all the time he wanted to throw. All you have to do is step up in the pocket since there is actually a pocket this year.

Also Bruce had a hard time running on me after I figured out what he was doing. He had some nice runs, but Bruce is a great player. I used the Steelers 1st time and with Mendy I couldnt get much going as Bruce looked like he was run blitzing as I think he was expecting the run. Now the 2cnd game I used the Raiders and had much better success running the ball.

Basically what it boils down to is that the guys that are struggling to run the ball are facing guys that can shut it down obviously. What is also happening is that their opponent is probably run blitzing early on as well and most people get discouraged and go away from the run. To be successful running the ball you have to be committed to running it and run the ball in situations where the opponent is expecting passes. Thats my take on it.

Good games Bruce, I thought the Raiders were a 3-4 team, I had never used the 4-6 as a D before, they did have the 4-3 and I ended up using it alot once you got the lead.

The Browns suck. LOL Well Weeden sucks, I can see someone putting Mccoy back in as the starter. If there smart they will trade for Matt Flynn or Jason Campbell.
    Yeah man, GG both of them. The first one I was running efficiently but had to play from behind in the 2nd half which limited the carries. My S/T had it going on. 2 KR TD's and 1 FG return TD for Holiday. I was uncomfortable that whole game from the fumble on my opening drive and constantly playing from behind.

The 2nd game I realized that Weeden is terrible and you didn't have to respect the pass which killed Trent Richardson. Like 5 drops didn't help either.

GG though. I did have success running when I wanted though with Foster, So I fully believe what you said above, guys get discouraged from the run and give up on it. You just have to keep feeding the ball and you'll see good gains.

Click The Banner For Great Madden 25 Commentary & Tips

Gamertag
    The Bruce Ree

Well.. It got slowed down in the 1st game because I was playing from behind. Foster still had around 100 yards. The 2nd game Weeden couldn't throw a touch pass to save his life and you pretty much just played the run as you didn't have to respect the air game. So you did shut it down there, but it was much easier to.

Click The Banner For Great Madden 25 Commentary & Tips

Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce Ree View Post
    Yeah man, GG both of them. The first one I was running efficiently but had to play from behind in the 2nd half which limited the carries. My S/T had it going on. 2 KR TD's and 1 FG return TD for Holiday. I was uncomfortable that whole game from the fumble on my opening drive and constantly playing from behind.

GG though. I did have success running when I wanted though with Foster, So I fully believe what you said above, guys get discouraged from the run and give up on it. You just have to keep feeding the ball and you'll see good gains.

Yea the Steelers Kicker is terrible, really really poor KPW and that cost me on those 2 kick returns. I didnt want to go for it on that FG attempt cause I was up by quite a bit and didnt want to be disrespectful, but I knew it was out of his range so I kicked it anyway just to see if he could make it, it was like a 52 yarder.

When you were trying to run in the 2cnd half I was ready for it in the 1st game. I got the hang of what you were doing after the 1st half. You were using alot of motion as Baller stated and were running to the weak side.

In the second game, I just played a base defense that I would have used against the pass or the run as when I selected the Raiders I thought they were a 3-4 team, so I was lost at 1st trying the 4-6 book cause I had never used it before, but then settled in on the 4-3.

Palmer had some bad throws as well that at least a couple of them would have been long TDs where my guys were wide open with no one around him and the ball sailed way OB. LOL

Basically its like I said before, its about getting people away from the run early, making them think that they will struggle with it. If you stay committed, you will have some success.

Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

Another thing I dont like about the running game, by just running the ball up the middle, I have had several hit stick fumbles, I was covering the ball in all cases and still had a fumble. Its a bit unrealistic at the rate of these fumbles. Same with the one you had.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast