Default Run blocking tips

Power O's-Slide the way yur running
    Stretchs-Aggressive
    Dives-Aggressive
    FB Dives-Aggressive
    FB traps-Slide opposite way of yur run
    Counters-Pinch
    Sweeps-Pinch
    Tosses-Aggressive if yu have a speedy guy,Pinch if yur like the rest of us =/
    Blasts- Pinch
    Draws-Pinch
    I think these are all the runs

Other tips i have to give yu:
    -On strong form counters always motion yur FB to the left and hike it wen hes rite n front of yur RB
    -IForm is the way to go if yu wanna run it down their throat, Dont be scared to start passing to loosen them up outta the I or strong. HB angles are nice
    -I love stupid routes! Like in sum jumbos (Ravens,Vikings,RH and others) theres this play like PA power O and its a zig zaggy kinda route that is just B-E-A-utiful
    -Dont sleep on the weak, its a good change up

My Favorite runs =)
    -RB sweep (Strong), Motion B (O) inside the TE and snap the ball
    -HB weakzone (Strong) Pinch
    -Power O (IForm tight) slide right
    -Counter (IForm Twin TE) Pinch
    -Counter (Ace pair twins) Motion B (O) Outside the LT and snap the Ball
    Last edited by Eastside513; 10-19-2010 at 12:19 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OFF-NYJ
    DEF-CHI

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Status
    7 in 11!

oh baby!..thx!

Status

how did you figure this out?

Status
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i thought a sweep and a toss were the same...why is there different slide protections...btw great info thanks bro!

Status

dude, that;s awesome info! Thanks!

Status
    RiotMaker
    Gamertag
    iTaLian B3ast

Lol i try n run alot
    Its jus stuff yu pick up along the way
    But a sweep tends to have more ppl pulling if im not mistaken, and its more of a turn the corner play
    With the toss its very similar, But my tosses are more violent

OFF-NYJ
    DEF-CHI

Status

what about the line reads?

3-4, 4-3, 4-6, 3-3-5, slides etc...
    I always block according to my line reads and the hole I'm running through and/or motioning to
    or playmakering to depending on my read
    and then I sometimes have to readjust after they slide

If I'm in 4-3 and I slide to the strong side of your sweep, I think the pinch would be the wrong block since my LE is now in a 7 technique and should be able to make the play and your gonna let my OLB through the big hole you pinched in the b gap,
    I could be wrong though!!!

just some thoughts off the top of my head

How do you read the line?

Turdburglar

good stuff east, u just made my panthers unstoppable... i have been tweaking some stuff around the line but this really helped. keep it up

Status
    RiotMaker
    Gamertag
    iTaLian B3ast

Hmmm very good point
    Ill look into specifics sometime
    But my whole run game is based on wut the D is showing me
    On every given play yu have to be able to hit the left right and middle
    So wen yur in the strong and the slide that way make sure yu have the strong weak dive motion play in yur audiibles
    Never to a run yu feel wont get yu at least 3-4 yards

OFF-NYJ
    DEF-CHI

Status

strong weak dive is a great play, especially if you shove a tight end or Tackle eligible, in the b gap

if they come out in 4 down linemen, usually they are lined up incorrectly
    ie.. the Left DT is in a 2 technique and is easily hooked out of the play with the pinch block
    and the LE is in 5 technique so is easily pushed to the side on the pinch
    so those 2 d linemen are out of position, (or 1 is depending how you look at it) and the b gap is open
    shove a TE in their and follow him, easy 3-5 yds, but if the TE picks up the OLB it becomes an easy 5-10+ yds

it is these types of mismatches I look for when calling blocking assignments

but blocking assigments are pretty easy, once you learn how they work

Aggressive pushes forward
    Right is right, left is left
    and the Pinch, pinches the DT's inside and shoves the Ends outside

Here are some definitions to help people recognize assignments, so they can take advantage of mistakes made on the D-Line, especially people who shift "just because"

(zero technique) would mean a nose tackle aligned nose-to-nose with a center.
    (1 technique) the defensive lineman is line up in the middle of the A gap.
    (2 technique) defensive lineman is nose-to-nose with the offensive guard.
    (3 technique) defensive lineman is line up in the middle of the B gap or outside shade of the guard. He is responsible for maintaining outside leverage and not letting himself get hook or reached blocked by the offense.
    (4 technique) defensive lineman is line up nose-to-nose with the offensive tackle.
    (5 technique) means that the defensive lineman had his nose on the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle.
    (6 technique) is nose-to-nose with the offensive tight end.
    (7 technique) means the defensive lineman had his nose on the inside shoulder of the offensive tight end.
    (8 technique) means that the defensive lineman was aligned on air outside the outside shoulder of the offensive tight end.
    (9 technique) means that the defensive lineman has his nose on the outside shoulder of the offensive tight end.