Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Run blocking tips

Status

I was wondering I think you or someone else mentioned before that the main stat for a good runblocking o lineman is strength and so for every team i just put the strongest guy in unless their was someone was very close in strength and had much better stats so far I think this def improved the run game but i was wondering then if the run block strength rating useless since ppl with bad strength can be really high on this and vice versa i like to run north south im not big on toss's or sweeps to much so speed isnt to important

Status

Quote Originally Posted by IASI Desperado View Post
    I was wondering I think you or someone else mentioned before that the main stat for a good runblocking o lineman is strength and so for every team i just put the strongest guy in unless their was someone was very close in strength and had much better stats so far I think this def improved the run game but i was wondering then if the run block strength rating useless since ppl with bad strength can be really high on this and vice versa i like to run north south im not big on toss's or sweeps to much so speed isnt to important
    It is actually the reverse if I am reading this correctly. Strength is a holdover attribute from previous madden versions and has been replaced with foot work, run block strength, pass block strength and impact blocking.

Run block footwork is the ability to find a block in the run game
    Run block strength is the abilityy to hold that block
    Pass block footwork is the ability to find a block in the passing game
    Pass block strength is the ability to hold that block
    Impact blocking is your ability to block in the open field

You would be better off to focus on these attributes than the old strength attribute.
    Last edited by CapnCrunch; 12-03-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Status

I forgot to mention the RBK and PBK are also holdover stats that dont mean anything

Status
    RiotMaker
    Gamertag
    iTaLian B3ast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wut are them???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OFF-NYJ
    DEF-CHI

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Status

They are Run Blocking and Pass blocking and have been replaced by footwork. - strength and impact blocking. But they are still on the list of attributes. The main reason I mention it is because in franchise mode these stats never progress and the others do. Also I read in a programmers forum that the footwork and block strength had replaced these stats.
    I should also mention that although strength is not a good stat to use to assess the abilities of pass block footwork and strength and run block footwork and strength and impact blocking. When you are in franchise mode and scouting and drafting. - strength can be a good indicator of blocking ability. But if you scout a guy for long enough thise attributes will show on the scouting report. If you didnt then strength may help you determine a little bit of his ability.
    I hope that wasnt too confusing.

Status
    RiotMaker
    Gamertag
    iTaLian B3ast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh lol mybad yur straight

OFF-NYJ
    DEF-CHI

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCrunch View Post
    They are Run Blocking and Pass blocking and have been replaced by footwork. - strength and impact blocking. But they are still on the list of attributes. The main reason I mention it is because in franchise mode these stats never progress and the others do. Also I read in a programmers forum that the footwork and block strength had replaced these stats.
    I should also mention that although strength is not a good stat to use to assess the abilities of pass block footwork and strength and run block footwork and strength and impact blocking. When you are in franchise mode and scouting and drafting. - strength can be a good indicator of blocking ability. But if you scout a guy for long enough thise attributes will show on the scouting report. If you didnt then strength may help you determine a little bit of his ability.
    I hope that wasnt too confusing.
    Very interesting insight. Thanks.

Status

doing aggressive on draw plays usually on 3rd downs work better for me than pinching

Status

ill try this out but im not so sure cuz it seems like ive gotten results from just strength

Status

Quote Originally Posted by IASI Desperado View Post
    ill try this out but im not so sure cuz it seems like ive gotten results from just strength
    Strength is a good indicator of those skills that require strength. So it can be confusing.