Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many people in here use line shifts on Offense and defense?

Status

Question How many people in here use line shifts on Offense and defense?

I personally use line shifts on every run play unless I determine that my opponent is not shifting at all.

My run game has exponentially multiplied in production from the day I started shifting my line on offense back on madden 05 or 06.

I would like some feedback from the community on what percentage of players use the line shifts on Offense and defense and how effective you think the shifting is.

The main reason is that I am currently in an argument on the EA forums with a couple of scrubs that won't even try what I am telling them. They just insist that I am looney for even suggesting that line shifts have a huge role in the Madden strategy.

Here is the link to that arguement. Run Game on all-madden - Madden General Discussion - Madden NFL Series: EA Forums

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Wade

Status
    In Cam We Trust
    Gamertag
    SC CRUNK
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I use O-Line shifting every play. On defense, I usually dont move the line unless im setting up a nano.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status

I shift it sometimes, but I don't see a big difference between shift and non-shift unless it's on Power O.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status

what kind of shifts do you make in the run game I remember last year aggressive was the way to go

Status

honestly, I shifted every year last year. But this year every time I shift the run gets stuffed or I feel like my lineman miss blocks. So I don't shift at all anymore and have had great success.

Status

Its a chess game within the game...just because you shift one way and have good success with it on one play doesnt mean the opp will mix it up on you and shift differently the next time you try the same play vs the same defense.

Sometimes I shift left even though Im running right...and vica versa. some guys only loop their lineman or pinch them...but you have to figure it out and then counter 'shift'

When you get it right...I 've found that all of your people block better and longer.

Status

Every run play i shift the line on D i shift the line when i'm facing a great TE. i only bump the TE a little bit but it causes throws to be off and gets the timing off.

Status

i dont use it on off ordef this year because most running plays the lineman man up on a defender presnap and i dont wanna mess up their assignments and on def the pressure is 10 times better than last year so deres no need to

Status

oh and the best way to shut dem haters up is to tell dem see u on da sticks

Status

I shift on offense mostly every play. On D i sometimes spread.