Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raiders Read Option Offense

Status

Default Raiders Read Option Offense

Anyone else tried using terrel Pryor with the CAR playbook.
    I have found out that Pryor is a deadly weapon used in the right hands.
    I want to know which is the best run option out of the pistol. Which other playbooks carry
    The pistol formation?

Status
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My problem with Pryor is that his accuracy is so low that defenses don't have to respect his arm and were able to put 8 in the box to shut down the read option. I have the same problem when using Tebow. Could just be my horrible passing ability tho lol.

I've had the most success with the normal triple option in Carolina's pistol where the initial read is with HB#2. The only problem is that if a DE or OLB lines up past the Tackle on the weak side, then a give to HB#2 is a certain tackle for loss. The Triple Option Slip also works well if the defense does not adjust by shifting players to the playside.
    Some other good running plays in the Carolina pistol is the HB Off-Tackle (which can set up the normal triple option) and the Stretch(which if you flip to running to the weak side allows HB#2 to get an insane seal on a LB).

Status

Terrell Pryor sucks. Do you really think he'll get to 90 speed with just 82 acceleration doing the pistol? Good players shut that down.

Status
    WhereU@Brah?
    PSN ID
    q-__-Danger-__-p
    Sports Logo

The read option with Pryor can be a pain simply because of how effective the read option is. Is he gonna kill you through the air? no definitely not but you do have to account for the read option and QB wraps which can open up some short stuff he is capable of working with. Pair that with Mcfadden and all the speed at WR and you could potentially have a nice scheme going if you work it right. I would take Pryor over Palmer any day just because of the running threat Pryor presents and in addition Palmer isn't that great slinging the rock around anyways so I'll take my chances with Pryor. It all depends on how you utilize him and overall how well put together your scheme is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status
    365 Member
    Gamertag
    Swauny Jones
    PSN ID
    SwaunyJones

I have been destroying people with Pryor in my sim league for the duration of two seasons. I rarely run the option and run with him out of screen plays and broken down plays. have no problem passing with him either.

Status
    Ball So Hard U. Moderator

Lol, make Pryor throw and you win on defense. His accuracy is terribad, not to mention Oakland's WR's can't catch in traffic. All they got is speed. You play zone defense against the Raiders and you'll win 90% of the games.

Status
    365 Member
    Gamertag
    Swauny Jones
    PSN ID
    SwaunyJones

If you are not throwing with pressure all over you Pryor will complete accurate throws. He is really easy to use. In my Online CC I have him on the Jags and I've led the online league I'm currently in with QB rating, TD's and completion percentage and also ran for 1000+ yds. if you know how to use him properly he is a stud

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Swauny Jones View Post
    If you are not throwing with pressure all over you Pryor will complete accurate throws. He is really easy to use. In my Online CC I have him on the Jags and I've led the online league I'm currently in with QB rating, TD's and completion percentage and also ran for 1000+ yds. if you know how to use him properly he is a stud
    And what's using him properly consist of...?????

Status
    365 Member
    Gamertag
    Swauny Jones
    PSN ID
    SwaunyJones

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Fan_#1 View Post
    And what's using him properly consist of...?????
    Simple... not chucking it around like Peyton Manning. Running wise he is killer, yes his acceleration is a bit low but if you time when you run you can really expose people. If you use him with a run first mentality you won't do well but passing with any QB in madden is pretty easy and he is pretty solid as a passer despite his crappy short throw and medium throw ratings. The only time his accuracy is off is if somebody is about to sack him and he throws. Other then that he is pretty solid.

Status

Pryor can be solid by the 2nd year of CCM. Other than that the legs aren't worth the pain of the accuracy.