Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't stop running in this game

Status
    WVUinFLA

Default Can't stop running in this game

I keep seeing my running percentage of plays increasing more and more as I play this game. I am enjoying running in this game and feel that it really helps keep your opponent off balance. If you run say half of your plays, how and why would your opponent FAG D you? He's got to set himself to stop the run not the pass. Also, if you run you are not getting sacked and more likely not to have the 3rd and long or 4th and long situations. You have to have some very effective 3rd and 4 or so passes that will get you 1st downs, but those are high percentage plays that if you miss them on 3rd down you will get another chance on 4th down. After totally screwing with you opponents mind running Rt, Lt and middle, coming out in a running formation on 1st down and passing is way too much fun. Watching your opponent follow a motioning FB or TE for a PA play is way fun to then chunk pass him down field.

You always have your auldibles in case they commit to stopping your run. I use the Steeler PB. It's not complex, only have I Pro - Stretch run as my only auldible run pick, this gives me the outside run that can be cut off tackle and the stock auldible of Iso for the middle run. Often I will come out in Ace Pair Flex - HB belly that is so adaptable to run middle, rt or left. such a head game run that Mr Smith explained in detail in other posts. The counter out of a passing formation SB Y Trips can be very effective especially since that formation is a good passing formation a run is not normally expected. the stock auldible for SB Y Trips is a middle run and there you go with a wide run and a middle run. Have a pass auldible pick or two from the SB Y Trips and you have a scheme. I Pro, Ace Pair Flex, SB Y Triips make a good base scheme with great passes and runs. Mix a few other mini schemes from the playbook and your opponent is off balance.

I love to run until my opponent shows me he is a good run stopper. You guys find yourself running more or passing more as the game year goes????
    Last edited by WVUinFLA; 02-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Status

This year I became a runner to much fag defense .Are you on Xbox I interested in you Short passing plays .The thing I hate is some opponents fag out all game even if I run down their throats I just need a few passing plays to help move the chains thorough the air.

Status
    Gamertag
    MaddenMAYHEMcom
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I absolutely love abusing fag D with runs that I've labbed and labbed to destroy it. I have 3 plays that I can run all game until the Fag D ends. The good thing is, most people I play don't abuse it, but they do throw it in to balance.

running the ball is great, though. For example, coming out in Singleback ace, I always run the ball (hb sprint/dive)twice, then start calling quick slants and abusing the WR slants. Then later in the game, when I need a big play, time to break out the MAYHEM and mix it up completely, calling play action fades and sick wheel routes with the RB while the WR is running a slant.

Status
    Gamertag
    StingrayVFL
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by WVUinFLA View Post
    I keep seeing my running percentage of plays increasing more and more as I play this game. I am enjoying running in this game and feel that it really helps keep your opponent off balance. If you run say half of your plays, how and why would your opponent FAG D you? He's got to set himself to stop the run not the pass. Also, if you run you are not getting sacked and more likely not to have the 3rd and long or 4th and long situations. You have to have some very effective 3rd and 4 or so passes that will get you 1st downs, but those are high percentage plays that if you miss them on 3rd down you will get another chance on 4th down. After totally screwing with you opponents mind running Rt, Lt and middle, coming out in a running formation on 1st down and passing is way too much fun. Watching your opponent follow a motioning FB or TE for a PA play is way fun to then chunk pass him down field.

You always have your auldibles in case they commit to stopping your run. I use the Steeler PB. It's not complex, only have I Pro - Stretch run as my only auldible run pick, this gives me the outside run that can be cut off tackle and the stock auldible of Iso for the middle run. Often I will come out in Ace Pair Flex - HB belly that is so adaptable to run middle, rt or left. such a head game run that Mr Smith explained in detail in other posts. The counter out of a passing formation SB Y Trips can be very effective especially since that formation is a good passing formation a run is not normally expected. the stock auldible for SB Y Trips is a middle run and there you go with a wide run and a middle run. Have a pass auldible pick or two from the SB Y Trips and you have a scheme. I Pro, Ace Pair Flex, SB Y Triips make a good base scheme with great passes and runs. Mix a few other mini schemes from the playbook and your opponent is off balance.

I love to run until my opponent shows me he is a good run stopper. You guys find yourself running more or passing more as the game year goes????
    I'm back on the steelers playbook too. I like the weak HB zone. Just pick B gap on either side. Hit me up tonight, I labbed up a great run defense for us.
    I'm gonna cloud up and rain all over you!

Status
    WVUinFLA

Quote Originally Posted by topcat625 View Post
    This year I became a runner to much fag defense .Are you on Xbox I interested in you Short passing plays .The thing I hate is some opponents fag out all game even if I run down their throats I just need a few passing plays to help move the chains thorough the air.

Short quick passes in the steeler PB I use are SB Ace Pair Flex - WR Under. The RB route is always open if you hit him before he makes his curl cut. Stingray gets credit for that find. A, X & B are quick developing routes too. Same formation, Y Stick has many quick passing options, HR inside TE to an out, left wr to a drag, motion wr left a half step or so and find an open quick pass. In this formation, any play, I find dragging the outside TE always gets open and rarely if he happens to get covered, playmaker him to get open. The PA Power O is a deadly play. Often I will block RB who is set up on left side of the line and block RB (Y) which gives great pass protection and you will have time to look for A quickly, then X, then lastly B which is 95% money. Not necessarily a quick pass but effective one.

Any formation with a TE, your can Zig him and quick pass him, snap and throw. Big Close formation I use for a mini scheme, this formation has two TE's to zig quick pass which I do in short yardage situations or goalline. plays: Bench with HR TE fades and run stretch can compliment zigging the TE's play to mix it up.

There are a few.
    Last edited by WVUinFLA; 02-02-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Status
    WVUinFLA

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I'm back on the steelers playbook too. I like the weak HB zone. Just pick B gap on either side. Hit me up tonight, I labbed up a great run defense for us.
    Hey Stingray,
    I have some Steeler stuff for you too. gotta unranked practice again.

Status

I'm trying to get better at running the ball out of atl playbook with the falcons, I run strong I hb blast as bas, weak counter for left and pwr o for right I wnt to get better where I run say....70 percent of the time can ya help mea bit bro?

Status
    WVUinFLA

Running has been covered alot on this site by alot better player than me. Look through the treads. IMO you are most successful by finding a formation or two that you have great running and passing from. You can Not be predicatble or everyone will shut you down. You have to find an effective wide run that you can playmaker right or left and an effective middle run. It you do Not have the numbers to run you have to have a good passing scheme out of that formation too. You can also no huddle say from a passing formation and completion on 1st down and quickly auldible to your effective running play that you have saved as one of your auldibles and keep them off guard that way too. Have as many dimentions to your scheme as possible which all can make running more successful. Auldible out of your running formation to your passing scheme etc.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog 1966 View Post
    I'm trying to get better at running the ball out of atl playbook with the falcons, I run strong I hb blast as bas, weak counter for left and pwr o for right I wnt to get better where I run say....70 percent of the time can ya help mea bit bro?
    Run the counter out of the SG Tights. That play is MONEY. The defense reacts to it like a draw. The CBs run with the WRs, plus u have plenty pass options so they cant commit to the run. If U see them playing the run, Audible to falcons cross, hit the wheel routes if man, put inside on fade if zone or hit the drag

Status

Love running the ball. Heck I will run on 3rd and 8 and in some situations even on 3rd and 10 or more. Even if I get stuffed I still try to run because eventually you can figure out the defense weakness.