PSN ID
    CowGoMoo152
    Sports Logo

Default Carolina Shotgun Wildcat

I'm typically not a fan of the stock Wildcat because it's too easy to stop and the passes are garbage but the Wildcat in CAR's shotgun package has given me quite a bit of success. You can't audible and hot route out of it, but it's not that bad.

I leave Cam Newton in the backfield so that I always have the threat of the pass, but he can also bulldoze some fools. I sub Jonathan Stewart into HB because he catches better than DeAngelo Williams. I put Murphy in in instead of Lafell at WR2 because he's quicker and it leaves it open to take a shot down the field on the PA Sweep if I'm in the gambling mood.

I typically run the PA Sweep first because that shows my opponent the motion that looks like the sweep that most people run, but if they blitz you they get dumped on if you make the right read. If they run commit you have a TD over the top.
    After that I'll mix in the real Sweep, the Counter, and the Power. There's also a Verticals play and a Smash play with corner routes that can get pretty deadly if they wanna play run D.

I need to try this ive been killing it out of spliyback, pistol, and strong close...got any other money plays?

PSN ID
    team_adam_352
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's a nice little change of pace, great to throw in for 5-10 plays a game.

It's also useful with slow QB's, as when they read 'Wildcat' they will not expect the QB to be behind centre, allowing you to throw the smash or four verticals and catch them off guard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The wildcat spread is awesome. The jet sweep is amazing in goal line situations. Also if you have a fast #3 WR I like to use the "4 WR" package to get him the ball on that sweep. My only problem is with the counter play, for some reason the blockers pulling occasionally run right past the DE.

PSN ID
    CowGoMoo152
    Sports Logo

Very true. On the counter good defensive ends just seem to stand up and wait to bring you down for a loss. It's really frustrating.

mal

I feel you guys, I use the raiders a lot and Dmac is fast with trucking but rarely trucks people