Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Outside recievers are pointless in this game.

Status

Default Outside recievers are pointless in this game.

Everything is quick and over the middle. Hell you can't even see your outside receivers route develop at all so I like to run a double te set all game with a wr as my second te. The fact that demarius Thomas can't run shit all game pisses me off so I said Fuk it and put him at te.. Haven't lost in days. There's just so little u can do with a receiver you can't even see.
    Now I understand why everyone runs bunch formations. Get your talent to a place where they can perform..
    Last edited by godofwarNG; 01-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Status
    PSN ID
    XtremeWTRocker
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A smart routed out route by a wide out is one of the most effective man beaters in Madden this year.

Status
    Gamertag
    KingJustin09
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by godofwarNG View Post
    Everything is quick and over the middle. Hell you can't even see your outside receivers route develop at all so I like to run a double te set all game with a wr as my second te. The fact that demarius Thomas can't run shit all game pisses me off so I said Fuk it and put him at te.. Haven't lost in days. There's just so little u can do with a receiver you can't even see.
    Now I understand why everyone runs bunch formations. Get your talent to a place where they can perform..

real talk i usually don't like to diss people on here anymore but that could of been the dumbest shit i've read...When the run game and te is going Ur outside wr can beat all day ..a I have atleast 2-3 tds by my wide outs a game and im probaly one of the worst madden players on the site ..im only 52-35

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin09 View Post
    real talk i usually don't like to diss people on here anymore but that could of been the dumbest shit i've read...When the run game and te is going Ur outside wr can beat all day ..a I have atleast 2-3 tds by my wide outs a game and im probaly one of the worst madden players on the site ..im only 52-35
    Put your empty wallet where your mouth is. Play me and I'll carve you up real nice, show you what I mean.. My id is my username.
    Edit: I will gladly carve anybody on here up who dismisses my effective strategy.
    Last edited by godofwarNG; 01-28-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Status
    PSN ID
    team_adam_352

I will gladly carve anybody on here up who dismisses my effective strategy.
    Your effective strategy? Like people haven't been putting WR's at TE since the games release. Hell, there was even a thread going at the validity of putting Willis at TE! It's hardly your strategy. Still cheesy as anything though.

As for the initial post: Curls, outs (short and long) fades (unbumpable fades as well) Comebacks, posts, drags. To say nothing of the use of outside receivers in passing concepts like smash, slants, whip, levels, drive. The list goes on.

While it might not be what you are comfortable with, you are missing out on a big part of the games offensive options by ignoring wide outs.

Status

I have to agree with the other posts. There are a lot of routes \ plays for outside wr that work in this game. Putting WR at TE is one of the cheesiest things you can do in this game. Just ridiculous that people feel the need to do it.

Status
    Ball So Hard U. Moderator
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

WR at TE? Groundbreaking....welcome to 6 months ago

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SnA ExclusiVe For This Useful Post:

capt.krappy (01-29-2013)

Status
    Gamertag
    KingJustin09
    Sports Logo

Put your empty wallet where your mouth is. Play me and I'll carve you up real nice, show you what I mean.. My id is my username.
    Edit: I will gladly carve anybody on here up who dismisses my effective strategy.
    KingJustin09 on xbox live let me know when u wanna play ...Ill know how good you are when u start out by selecting the 49ers at the team screen lmao

Status

Why don't you just play the game it is supposed to be played and let the te play te. If you really need a reciever in the middle than use a tight twins formation. Weak tight twins and far tight twins are money formations and you don't have to play non-sim to get your best reciever over the middle.

Status
    Gamertag
    MaddenMAYHEMcom

I do agree with OP, I got from 500-720 without ever even targeting a WR. I used to let my defense and running/TE game do the talking. The game is much more fun, when you learn how to mix it up and throw WR's and use mini-scheme's, though. I'm now in the 800's (barely) and still getting ripped up every now and then, but having a blast.