Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Outside recievers are pointless in this game.

Status
    WhereU@Brah?
    PSN ID
    q-__-Danger-__-p
    Sports Logo

I'm going to have to disagree. That may be how your offense is orchestrated but that's not to say that's how everyone's offense is run. I've played dudes that range from the 500 skill point mark (just starting or not that good) to some dudes that have surpassed the 1000 point mark and some of the better players will absolutely abuse the wide outs. I mean look at curl flats even if you don't change the curls to outs it still does a nice job of beating man and zone and it targets your wide outs. A lot of the better dudes I've played abuse the hell out of fades to the outside wide receivers it can be a hand full. I think you make yourself one dimensional by not targeting your wide outs but that's just my opinion. As for WR's at TE it's no more difficult for me to defend than if they had a TE at the TE position... It's not the fact that its a WR at TE its the fact that TE's are so hard to defend in M13.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GameChangerDanger For This Useful Post:

coach232 (01-29-2013)

Status
    PSN ID
    Atlienjd
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I use the outside wr's way more than I use the TE, and when I use the TE it's usually Witten. I hang around the 900 point level online, but I don't play too much ranked anymore due to the game basically being decided by how many onside kicks my opponent can recover.

Status

You...do know that you can change your aspect ratio setting to "wide" in xbox and change your camera angle to "wide" also, right? You can see outside WR easily in this game.

And yes, they can get the yardage. I've had a WR get >150 yards vs ranked opposition...and I am a run-first player lol.

Status

lol... I used to do that back in august when i didnt know how to play. I would streak TE n thats it. Then I learned to play the game. Add me if u wanna get schooled. I guarantee my outside WR will have 150+ yds and multiple TDs. ID is same as Username.

Status
    Gamertag
    MaddenMAYHEMcom

Quote Originally Posted by JaeHeat View Post
    lol... I used to do that back in august when i didnt know how to play. I would streak TE n thats it. Then I learned to play the game. Add me if u wanna get schooled. I guarantee my outside WR will have 150+ yds and multiple TDs. ID is same as Username.

nice stats..really, not bad http://www.easports.com/player-hub/PS3/JaeHeat I wish you had xbox I think it would be a very close game. my stats are www.easports.com/player-hub/360/MaddenMAYHEMcom

Status

Out routes, curls, slants, and streaks and fades vs BnR coverage

if you see anything but cover 2 or press then that out route is an easy 1st.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status
    In the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughnilla619 View Post
    Out routes, curls, slants, and streaks and fades vs BnR coverage

if you see anything but cover 2 or press then that out route is an easy 1st.
    Dont forget 2 man under.

Status
    Madden Advisors

Quote Originally Posted by zzmorg82 View Post
    Dont forget 2 man under.
    As well as inverted Cover 2, Cover 3 Cloud with the outside CB manned up, an aggressive robber coverage, cover 4 and cover 3 with a flat and a curl to flat zone, etc. Becoming over enamored with any good isolation route can lead to a lot of poor decisions.

Status
    Sports Logo

to the OP running WRs at TE is old and cheese. only try hard kids do that

but yes i agree, to some extent they are pointless. teams with slower runners makes the game difficult. for example, i use the pats alot. wes welker should destroy alot of mcv with his Route running and agility, however match him up with sam shields. more than half the time sam shields is running alot of those weird routes, and limits alot what you can do, so i understand saying how routes don't develop etc,....

Until the interaction with DBs and WR is fixed, alot of the slower WRs are obsolete. and there are so many moves that will work. once again madden only relies on speed, which needs to be fixed. Only few players posses elite speed, and even then it is easy to scheme around. but in madden one streak with safety help over the top still can't stop it sometimes.

i primarily use Donte Stallworth (96 spd 93acc ) and lloyd at WR since they are fastest on the pats and sub out welker with hernadez since hernadez is a little bit faster, and a bigger target.

SMH at madden sometimes

Status
    Madden Advisors

Quote Originally Posted by Mutzers View Post
    but yes i agree, to some extent they are pointless. teams with slower runners makes the game difficult. for example, i use the pats alot. wes welker should destroy alot of mcv with his Route running and agility, however match him up with sam shields.
    If I can utilize James Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Donald Driver out wide (only Nelson is outstanding) then you should have no problem using Welker. Welker should be used in the slot anyway, and if his ratings are similar to Jennings which if I remember right they are he can make a living off of Stick and Stick n Nod along with other concepts that utilize the slot WR (Drive, Y Cross, Y Sail, etc.).