Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question about running the ball in madden???

Status

Default Question about running the ball in madden???

Like I said in another thread I am new to Madden and I have some things about this game that I don't understand so, I hope all of you will have some patience with me and your help would be appreciated because I am addicted to this game. I love to run the ball and I would like to thank those of you who gave some input on run blocking line adjustments for me. I would like to know when I call a run play and I am reading the defense should I pay more attention to the defensive line or the linebackers or both. What do you look at pre snap to decide where you want to run and where you will have the best blocking and how to set up your offensive line?

Status
    Sports Logo

1. trying to use formations with a threeheaded rushing attack--> right, left, middle
    2. block ajustments for the o-line are useless
    3. look how many defenders are in the box
    4. count the defenders on both sides. audible ur play to the side with less defenders
    5. be unpredictable, make him guess what u do--> use quick audivībles and fake signals
    6. if ur opp is playing the run: quick pass or screens versus blitz, if u have time utilize the play-action
    7. make sure u use the correct players for each situation--> example:
    Patriots: short yardage: hynovski or ridley
    sweeps or screens: woodhead, vereen, demps

hope this help 4 the beginning...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ProtonenWURST For This Useful Post:

The Bruce Ree (01-27-2013)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ProtonenWURST View Post
    1. trying to use formations with a threeheaded rushing attack--> right, left, middle
    2. block ajustments for the o-line are useless
    3. look how many defenders are in the box
    4. count the defenders on both sides. audible ur play to the side with less defenders
    5. be unpredictable, make him guess what u do--> use quick audivībles and fake signals
    6. if ur opp is playing the run: quick pass or screens versus blitz, if u have time utilize the play-action
    7. make sure u use the correct players for each situation--> example:
    Patriots: short yardage: hynovski or ridley
    sweeps or screens: woodhead, vereen, demps

hope this help 4 the beginning...
    This is very good advice, but I disagree with number 4. You need to count the blockers you have on each side first, then count the defenders. Note: Blockers on the run side include pulling guards on the opposite side. Run to the side that gives you the advantage, with both blockers and defenders acounted for.

Status

Use lime adjustments based on the play you are calling and sometimes what the defense gives you

Status

Quote Originally Posted by playm8kersike View Post
    Use lime adjustments based on the play you are calling and sometimes what the defense gives you
    Line adjustments DO NOT WORK for run plays. See 2 on the first post. They only work on draws and pass plays.

Status
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sackattack14 View Post
    This is very good advice, but I disagree with number 4. You need to count the blockers you have on each side first, then count the defenders. Note: Blockers on the run side include pulling guards on the opposite side. Run to the side that gives you the advantage, with both blockers and defenders acounted for.
    thats what i was tryin to say. thx bro^^

Status
    PSN ID
    Atlienjd
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The most important aspect to running the ball is setting up the blocks effectively. Don't just hold R2 and sprint left or right. On dive plays, you want to watch the center. He will either block the dlineman or release into the second level - watch him and base your run off that.
    Madden 25

Status
    PSN ID
    team_adam_352
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't sprint until you get past your blocks.

Stay close to the line on outside run plays, don't just run parallel to the LOS to the side line.

Mix in the run flip feature, even if you just press it to the same side. If your opponent only sees the playmaker animation when you flip a run they will key in. Also mix in fake hot routes.

Keep first down markers in mind. If you can take a run inside for a guaranteed 3 and a first, or out for 1 but might break it, take the first 9/10 times.

Power O and Counter are not exclusively outside of tackle runs. Keep your eyes on the interior line, especially the B gap.

PA is your friend, but be prepared to use the cancel PA and check it down.

Formations with an obvious strong side (I form tight pair for example) give you a lot of control, as some people will stack the strong side, making for some great weakside runs (My favorite play from I Tight pair is the flipped power O). If you can control the D's positioning, you can control the game.

Formations with a symmetrical box (I form tight for example) are useful for keeping the D guessing. Mix in flipped normal runs and flipped counters if they rely on user run D and keep the user honest.

Be unpredictable, don't run on every first down.

And finally, the most important piece of running help I know: Learn to pass effectively from running sets. If you only run from a formation then you will get shut down. Drill passing plays and concepts (not just PA) that work vs common run D's and mix them in.

Status

I figured that is probably what you ment. This idea has changed my running game in an awsome way since I started using it.

Status
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sackattack14 View Post
    I figured that is probably what you ment. This idea has changed my running game in an awsome way since I started using it.
    exactly. always stay close to ur blockers- look to be near them til u hit the open field. if not they wont block nearly as well for u. u kind of lead ur blockers to the defenders.

think now we have all the important stuff about running the ball...