Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Question about running the ball in madden???

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfather View Post
    This is a common sense question but, if blocking adjustments have no affect then why are they an option in the pre play menue on run plays???
    Why are hot routes on the pre play menu on run plays?

How old are the posts from CapnCrunch? In Madden 10 EA did allow slide protection to be used on run plays, it had a visible cue preplay and made a definitive change in how the line blocked. Then in Madden 11 EA diversified their run blocking schemes so that we now got inside zone schemes, outside zone schemes, wham schemes, power schemes, and iso schemes for both inside and off tackle.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    Why are hot routes on the pre play menu on run plays?

How old are the posts from CapnCrunch? In Madden 10 EA did allow slide protection to be used on run plays, it had a visible cue preplay and made a definitive change in how the line blocked. Then in Madden 11 EA diversified their run blocking schemes so that we now got inside zone schemes, outside zone schemes, wham schemes, power schemes, and iso schemes for both inside and off tackle.
    I think you are right this post from CapnCrunch is from 12/01/10........my bad!

So the answer is that slide protect does nothing for the run but some of the best Madden players I know say that pinch and aggressive does do something to some runs. What do you think about this.

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfather View Post
    I think you are right this post from CapnCrunch is from 12/01/10........my bad!

So the answer is that slide protect does nothing for the run but some of the best Madden players I know say that pinch and aggressive does do something to some runs. What do you think about this.
    I can only go by what I have observed and they also did nothing when I tested it. In the passing game they have easily viewable changes. Aggressive has the outside tackles attack the outside rushers instead of forming a deep pocket and pinch does just that, it pinches the line inside forming a much tighter pocket if you actually step up into it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    I can only go by what I have observed and they also did nothing when I tested it. In the passing game they have easily viewable changes. Aggressive has the outside tackles attack the outside rushers instead of forming a deep pocket and pinch does just that, it pinches the line inside forming a much tighter pocket if you actually step up into it.
    Thanks Baller, you seem to be up on your Madden stuff. I love this game but I am new and I have a lot to learn. I just made a move to another location and I don't have my net up yet but I can't wait to start playing online. I wish the game manual was a little more helpful with stuff like this because I have a lot of questions.

Status

Which is the best blocking schemes to use while running, zone, iso etc and also which ones to run in a given situationsuch as heavy blitz opponent or very conservative or does it even matters?