Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Question about running the ball in madden???

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by daanish View Post
    now that u got that out of the way... Because i knew u would do exactly this above. let's make something perfectly clear i know what slide protection is and i know what it's purposes are seeing as i played qb most of my life.Madden has a feature that allows u to adjust your blocking assignments it called "Slide Protection" I'm sorry baller that ur so literal but in madden u can use the " Slide Protection" feature to change the poa of a lineman in the run game. Yes slide pretection refers to passing but in madden it doubles don't blame me for it not just being called block adjuster, and once again and this time more specifically to baller if u wanna demonstraition just ask u know where to find me
    Even when I test it in the run game I don't see it making a difference.

I just spent the last 20 minutes running Power O from I-Form Pro against the Packers 2-4-5 Cover 3 and changing which slide protection I did. I also ran it with HB Stretch From I-Form Pro against the Bears 4-3 Stack Cover 3 doing the same thing.

The Power O blocked regardless of slide protect the same for the vast majority of its snaps. You'd get a double team from the center and guard on the DT while the guard would pull around and as long as one of the OLBs didn't get a good push he'd attempt a block around the edge. The FB would basically do the same thing as the guard. There were a few snaps that had the double team fail to occur but it wasn't due to slide protect because I had it happen twice with an aggressive slide protect and once with no slide protect. The vast majority of snaps were blocked the same regardless of the call.

The Stretch tended to produce similarly consistent results regardless of calling a slide protection out at the line of scrimmage. Due to the safety being in the box and on the strong side of the formation the TE would typically fore go the double team and instead would jump out and block said safety on the edge while the FB would proceed to head towards the second level and attempt a block on an OLB. The only time this changed was when the TE would get pulled into a double team animation but again it was random and occurred at various times even when there was no slide protect.

I don't see it, even when I test it. The location of defenders seems to have more of a role on the blocking schemes than slide protect does when it comes to the running game (and for that matter sometimes even in the passing game).

While I'd love any kind of demonstration if it involved actually playing a human opponent, I'm currently in a situation that makes it impossible for me to play online. If we did play you'd probably just show me what playing a consistent human opponent results in when you play against someone who has had very little exposure to intelligent competition over the last 4 months.

Status
    Sports Logo

funny we still talk about it, now that the game is getting old. slide protection only works on draws and passing plays- period. save ur energy for more important things than arguing that slide protection works on running games...IT DOESNT!!!

Status
    Gamertag
    StingrayVFL
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ProtonenWURST View Post
    funny we still talk about it, now that the game is getting old. slide protection only works on draws and passing plays- period. save ur energy for more important things than arguing that slide protection works on running games...IT DOESNT!!!
    Agreed, no one can prove it works! The blockers do nothing different when its applied!
    I'm gonna cloud up and rain all over you!

Status

HB stretch is by far the best run period. One of the best, yet simpliest schemes is out of SB ace.

-Have HB counter or stretch in your audibles. Call the one you don't have at the play screen.

-Now count the people on each half of the field. Call counters while your Oline is still fresh. Once they get tired then they don't get out fast enough.

-If you want to flip the play, then all you have to do is flip the play by pressing square/x twice then R2/RB. This way the D thinks you just audibled to a new play without giving out you're running.

-For HB counter, just follow your blocks. For HB stretch, look for a hole. One will open up at either the B or C gap. Once they start committing to your outside runs. Just call the run quick audible. It should be a dive. You now have left, right, and middle runs.

-One thing people always, ALWAYS try to do is bounce it outside. Try to fight this urge. The cutback is your best friend. Turning upfield behind your last block can lead to huge gains b/c people will over pursue.

-once you get used to the scheme, you can start playing mind games with your opponent. Motion in the WRs for crack blocks (call hike once they're next to the TE) Do this a couple times and they'll think you'll always run to where you're motioning. That's when you either hit them with the counter to the opposite side or the stretch. Nothing feels better when your opponent gets frustrated then starts run committing to the wrong side.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sup3rchuck View Post
    HB stretch is by far the best run period. One of the best, yet simpliest schemes is out of SB ace.

-Have HB counter or stretch in your audibles. Call the one you don't have at the play screen.

-Now count the people on each half of the field. Call counters while your Oline is still fresh. Once they get tired then they don't get out fast enough.

-If you want to flip the play, then all you have to do is flip the play by pressing square/x twice then R2/RB. This way the D thinks you just audibled to a new play without giving out you're running.

-For HB counter, just follow your blocks. For HB stretch, look for a hole. One will open up at either the B or C gap. Once they start committing to your outside runs. Just call the run quick audible. It should be a dive. You now have left, right, and middle runs.

-One thing people always, ALWAYS try to do is bounce it outside. Try to fight this urge. The cutback is your best friend. Turning upfield behind your last block can lead to huge gains b/c people will over pursue.

-once you get used to the scheme, you can start playing mind games with your opponent. Motion in the WRs for crack blocks (call hike once they're next to the TE) Do this a couple times and they'll think you'll always run to where you're motioning. That's when you either hit them with the counter to the opposite side or the stretch. Nothing feels better when your opponent gets frustrated then starts run committing to the wrong side.
    I run a mini scheme like this as well, but without wr motion. I will have to try that.

You can also use te motion to the side you are running. Sometimes it works perfectly and you get an untouched TD. After a few successful run plays like this you use the same motion and a counter to the opposite side for about eight yards. Then you have them off balance the rest of the game from that formation.

That is just with running the ball. Then you throw in a few screens and throws and you have a great mini scheme.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sackattack14 View Post
    Line adjustments DO NOT WORK for run plays. See 2 on the first post. They only work on draws and pass plays.
    When you say this are you just talking about slid left and right or are you also talking about pinch and aggressive

Status

There sometimes is a reason to block to the opposite side of the run
    picture this your running B-Gap left, and you block right
    now the rusher when he clears his blocker on the right, he is on the wrong side of the play and probably turned the wrong way too, so the play goes right past him cuz he is out of position
    Now lets say you block left, push the rusher left and he clears his block, he might be right in your grill
    They do it all the time in the NFL

The way I see the blocking scheme
    Aggressive is forward push
    left is left
    right is right
    and pinch, pinches the DT's to the center and the Ends outside This is a post from a person on madden school who is a long time madden player and this is what he has to say about this. His name is CapnCrunch
    Last edited by Dawgfather; 02-02-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Status

Let me beat a dead horse here

Keep in mind Madden is not real football

OK. playcall Run Left, Blocking Call is Block Right
    I will block and you rush

My objevtive is to protect the left side, Your right
    I make contact on your right side and push you to my right, I am trying to set you up to use the leverage of your right arm to break the block, If you pull a swim, chuck or spin move that is initiated with your right arm. It will naturally move you to your left, (my right) and push you further away from the play. It will also tend to turn you to your left, away from the play. So by the time you finish your move you are not only on the wrong side, but you are turned the wrong way. I am trying to set you up to make this move so that the play will already be past you if you are able to clear my block. Now I can turn to my left, run side, and try to pick up another block, if possible.

If you beat me left, good job, but I am instructed to step back to where I came from and try to initiate the block again.

You can see this sometimes clearly in a game with Dwight Freeney, the LT may set him up deliberately, to do a spin move to the inside, and the run will go to the outside and left. Especially in the case of Mike Vick a leftie QB, that can run.

This is another post from CapnCrunch

Status

This is a common sense question but, if blocking adjustments have no affect then why are they an option in the pre play menue on run plays???

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    This is in your mind, not on the field. I would like to exain how slide protection works on anything but a draw. Your answer will be, "I don't know, but it works". I challenge anyone to go to practice mode and call a run and any defense, then run the play several times using and not using slide protection. The blocking is identical. It doesn't change!
    ^^And don't say "I don't know thet just are" or you will be a hypocrite^^(LOL)
    Last edited by Dawgfather; 02-03-2013 at 12:02 AM.