Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Question about running the ball in madden???

Status

I disagree, if you crash your Oline the opposite direction on counters, it makes a big difference. Turn off auto sprint, and wait for the pulling guard to come around and make the block. Thus far, I've only seen that the line adjustments work on draws and counters. Havent noticed a difference for all other runs (stretch, power O, belly, etc)

Status
    Gamertag
    StingrayVFL
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfanatic32 View Post
    I disagree, if you crash your Oline the opposite direction on counters, it makes a big difference. Turn off auto sprint, and wait for the pulling guard to come around and make the block. Thus far, I've only seen that the line adjustments work on draws and counters. Havent noticed a difference for all other runs (stretch, power O, belly, etc)
    This is in your mind, not on the field. I would like to exain how slide protection works on anything but a draw. Your answer will be, "I don't know, but it works". I challenge anyone to go to practice mode and call a run and any defense, then run the play several times using and not using slide protection. The blocking is identical. It doesn't change!
    I'm gonna cloud up and rain all over you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stingray For This Useful Post:

MaddenMayhem4 (02-02-2013)

Status

That is in your mind. Everyone knows, things don't always work on practice mode like they work in games.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    This is in your mind, not on the field. I would like to exain how slide protection works on anything but a draw. Your answer will be, "I don't know, but it works". I challenge anyone to go to practice mode and call a run and any defense, then run the play several times using and not using slide protection. The blocking is identical. It doesn't change!
    This Is wrong... I've seen alot of sound advice to the new guy, but it's absolutely wrong to say slide blocking doesn't work in the run, and it's even worse to sound so sure on something it obvious u know nothing about. For a proper explaination a video would be necessary so instead i'll just say... Anyone who doesn't think it works or wants to learn how it works send me a PM or contact me on Live My tag is KingDaanish and i'll take u into a game and I'll teach or prove to u how it works.

Status

It only works on draws. Slide protection is designed for passes. Draws utilize slide protection because they use pass blocking. Stingray is right.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sackattack14 View Post
    It only works on draws. Slide protection is designed for passes. Draws utilize slide protection because they use pass blocking. Stingray is right.
    im not arguing about this... Like i said if u want see just ask i'll glady show u ur wrong it only takes a minute

Status

This is how you run the ball :) lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08v...e_gdata_player

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    MADDEN SCHOOL SUPER LEAGUE TOURNAMENT CHAMPION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by dustin.peels
    And if I don't get beat by tidy I will win the Super Bowl again.
    Packers beat Patriots 34-31in The Super Bowl

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by daanish View Post
    im not arguing about this... Like i said if u want see just ask i'll glady show u ur wrong it only takes a minute
    Slide protection is a pass blocking protection scheme. In real life no team uses slide protection in their running game, because they have their own unique run blocking schemes (zone blocking, man blocking, gap blocking).

In Madden we also have our own unique run blocking schemes. You have zone blocking (stretches and inside zone runs), man blocking (off tackle runs, isos, dives), and gap blocking (Power, anything with a pulling guard) and while they aren't aren't nearly up to par with what they should be when you compare them to their real life counterparts they are all unique in their own way.

Madden also gives us slide protect and shows it has a visible impact on pass blocking thus they are giving us a pass protection protection scheme to go with the big on big scheme that the line uses when you don't slide. Slide protection in the game has no visible cue that it is doing anything with any run other than draws because it is only affecting pass blocking.

So we have established that in real life slide protection is not used in the running game because there are separate, unique run blocking schemes. We have also established that Madden has its own unique run blocking schemes. It isn't difficult to look at this logically and deduce that EA has done its homework and has it set up correctly in that slide protection is a pass protection blocking scheme and does not affect run blocking.

Slide Protection Schemes and Techniques Part 1 - Football Coach Daily
    Slide Protection Schemes and Techniques Part 2 - Football Coach Daily
    Man Blocking vs Zone Blocking with Gaps - Hit'em in the Mouth

Status

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    Slide protection is a pass blocking protection scheme. In real life no team uses slide protection in their running game, because they have their own unique run blocking schemes (zone blocking, man blocking, gap blocking).

In Madden we also have our own unique run blocking schemes. You have zone blocking (stretches and inside zone runs), man blocking (off tackle runs, isos, dives), and gap blocking (Power, anything with a pulling guard) and while they aren't aren't nearly up to par with what they should be when you compare them to their real life counterparts they are all unique in their own way.

Madden also gives us slide protect and shows it has a visible impact on pass blocking thus they are giving us a pass protection protection scheme to go with the big on big scheme that the line uses when you don't slide. Slide protection in the game has no visible cue that it is doing anything with any run other than draws because it is only affecting pass blocking.

So we have established that in real life slide protection is not used in the running game because there are separate, unique run blocking schemes. We have also established that Madden has its own unique run blocking schemes. It isn't difficult to look at this logically and deduce that EA has done its homework and has it set up correctly in that slide protection is a pass protection blocking scheme and does not affect run blocking.

Slide Protection Schemes and Techniques Part 1 - Football Coach Daily
    Slide Protection Schemes and Techniques Part 2 - Football Coach Daily
    Man Blocking vs Zone Blocking with Gaps - Hit'em in the Mouth
    now that u got that out of the way... Because i knew u would do exactly this above. let's make something perfectly clear i know what slide protection is and i know what it's purposes are seeing as i played qb most of my life.Madden has a feature that allows u to adjust your blocking assignments it called "Slide Protection" I'm sorry baller that ur so literal but in madden u can use the " Slide Protection" feature to change the poa of a lineman in the run game. Yes slide pretection refers to passing but in madden it doubles don't blame me for it not just being called block adjuster, and once again and this time more specifically to baller if u wanna demonstraition just ask u know where to find me

Status
    Gamertag
    Jimmy Freedom90
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by adam352 View Post
    Don't sprint until you get past your blocks.

Stay close to the line on outside run plays, don't just run parallel to the LOS to the side line.

Mix in the run flip feature, even if you just press it to the same side. If your opponent only sees the playmaker animation when you flip a run they will key in. Also mix in fake hot routes.

Keep first down markers in mind. If you can take a run inside for a guaranteed 3 and a first, or out for 1 but might break it, take the first 9/10 times.

Power O and Counter are not exclusively outside of tackle runs. Keep your eyes on the interior line, especially the B gap.

PA is your friend, but be prepared to use the cancel PA and check it down.

Formations with an obvious strong side (I form tight pair for example) give you a lot of control, as some people will stack the strong side, making for some great weakside runs (My favorite play from I Tight pair is the flipped power O). If you can control the D's positioning, you can control the game.

Formations with a symmetrical box (I form tight for example) are useful for keeping the D guessing. Mix in flipped normal runs and flipped counters if they rely on user run D and keep the user honest.

Be unpredictable, don't run on every first down.

And finally, the most important piece of running help I know: Learn to pass effectively from running sets. If you only run from a formation then you will get shut down. Drill passing plays and concepts (not just PA) that work vs common run D's and mix them in.
    "Don't sprint until you get past your blocks" is in my opinion THE No. 1 overlooked aspect of running the football. On draws I honestly sit and wait a second for my blocks to develop, which causes a huge difference between running into my blockers or gaining positive yards.

With regards to the topic thread, I always look at the down lineman first, if I see 3 or less I pound the ball right up the middle simply. If i see 3 lineman plus a shown blitz, left or right run. And If i'm in a bunch set and then don't base align, i'll run to the outside all day.

No. 1 read: Lineman
    No. 2 read: Which side of MY offensive line do I have the advantage (numbers wise)
    No. 3: then if it's shown blitz, base aligned, or regular
    No. 4: Linebacker alignment
    No. 5: If he's usering a FS/SS.

That's basically my progression. Then I make the adjustments according to that. So many variables too depend on whether you come out in Singleback, Shotgun, a tight set; as you play more you'll get the feel of reading the D.