Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are mobile qb's useless?

Disregard
    Last edited by godofwarNG; 01-28-2013 at 03:15 AM.

A running QB with decent passing stats is a real weapon in this game. Your perspective on how it should work is just incorrect. The defense is able to stop the QB run if it wants to commit to it, like in real life, but the cost can be high. Have you ever tried passing when the defense uses a spy? It becomes a lot easier and that is the point. If you want a game where RG3 should be able to run no matter what the defense does then just play the CPU on the easiest setting. Otherwise abuse the spy then when they are forced to stop using a spy break off a nice run.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    A running QB with decent passing stats is a real weapon in this game. Your perspective on how it should work is just incorrect. The defense is able to stop the QB run if it wants to commit to it, like in real life, but the cost can be high. Have you ever tried passing when the defense uses a spy? It becomes a lot easier and that is the point. If you want a game where RG3 should be able to run no matter what the defense does then just play the CPU on the easiest setting. Otherwise abuse the spy then when they are forced to stop using a spy break off a nice run.
    Agreed. RG3 can be a real hassle to defend if the player has a pass first mentality. Normally when you see a spy there is one less guy in coverage, so there should be holes. Once you begin finding those holes they will become lazy and forget about the possibility of a QB run.

I run the option with Rodgers, and let me tell you IT IS EFFECTIVE! Based off my lab sessions with Rodgers and RG3 I found it doesn't really matter how fast they are. Rodgers and RG3 gain almost exactly the same yards on QB designed runs or options. RG3 is better at getting the edge and breaking tackles, but straight up there is virtually no difference.

Once again. If you pass+run the ball with effectiveness they will get away from the QB spies, and that is when you go for the option or PA naked rollout.
    Gamertag: LasVegasSinn

Read Option plays are nasty, that's all I know

A lot of people will just run outside, then break inside vs the spy and the spy doesn't play them at all, simply whiffing. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with them.

Designed QB runs and read options can be very effective also.

Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by claymaker View Post
    Agreed. RG3 can be a real hassle to defend if the player has a pass first mentality. Normally when you see a spy there is one less guy in coverage, so there should be holes. Once you begin finding those holes they will become lazy and forget about the possibility of a QB run.

I run the option with Rodgers, and let me tell you IT IS EFFECTIVE! Based off my lab sessions with Rodgers and RG3 I found it doesn't really matter how fast they are. Rodgers and RG3 gain almost exactly the same yards on QB designed runs or options. RG3 is better at getting the edge and breaking tackles, but straight up there is virtually no difference.

Once again. If you pass+run the ball with effectiveness they will get away from the QB spies, and that is when you go for the option or PA naked rollout.
    What book has a PA naked rollout?

PSN ID
    Atlienjd

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeInTeam View Post
    A lot of people will just run outside, then break inside vs the spy and the spy doesn't play them at all, simply whiffing. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with them.

Designed QB runs and read options can be very effective also.
    Ever seen the 180 degree technique? Works like a charm and the spy is complete toast.
    Madden 25

Quote Originally Posted by Atlien Jd View Post
    Ever seen the 180 degree technique? Works like a charm and the spy is complete toast.
    Yeah I think so. I've caused fumbles vs people doing it though because it DOES slow you up a bit, and I usually rush at least 3 so I've had DT come off blocks and nail the QB. Plus if I'm in cover 4 I don't always play as deep with the MLB which can also effect what they get away with doing.

Needless to say, QB run isn't nearly as easy to stop as OP implies.

Gamertag
    Swauny Jones
    PSN ID
    SwaunyJones

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeInTeam View Post
    Yeah I think so. I've caused fumbles vs people doing it though because it DOES slow you up a bit, and I usually rush at least 3 so I've had DT come off blocks and nail the QB. Plus if I'm in cover 4 I don't always play as deep with the MLB which can also effect what they get away with doing.

Needless to say, QB run isn't nearly as easy to stop as OP implies.
    Yeah I have been killing people with mobile QB's.. I usually soften them up with a strong passing game and then burn them later on when it hurts them the most... very easy to burn people with mobile qb's this madden with or without the read option...

PSN ID
    Atlienjd

I burn people with 73 speed Romo, lol. You know, I've never tried it, but I bet I could zone/read with him.....hmmm
    Madden 25

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast