Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Redskins Playbook...couple of plays to think about.

Status
    Aaron Rodgers Title Belt

Default Redskins Playbook...couple of plays to think about.

Hello,

I don't do this much, but I thought I would share some plays I think work well against what everyone is seeing out there these days...

Redskins playbook.

Formation: Split Redskin

*I think most of these plays can be found in other books*

Play 1 - Slot Seam - Great man beater.

SplitRedskinSlotSeam.jpg

In this play you will see that your right HB will have a shake route to the outside. I like to sub in Randall Cobb here and usually you get him matched up on a LB. If they are playing man coverage even the great Patrick Willis will have trouble covering this route.

I like to hot route my outside WR on the right to a deep out or a hitch depending on if they are in off or press coverage.

You can audible your slot WR to a quick slant or keep him as is.

I like to audible my left HB to a delay flat route and use him as my dump off.

Play 2 - WR Corners - Great cover 2 beater

SplitRedskinWRCorners.jpg

I basically run this play as is, only I will motion my far outside right WR and after he takes about 1-2 steps I snap the ball. You are basically doing a smash route with a bit of a wrinkle. Your HB will occupy the flat defender and your slot WR will occupy the deep safety and the WR you put in motion will find the deep pocket on the sideline. You can also block your left HB for added protection.

Play 3 - Skins Deep In - Great cover 3 beater

SplitRedskinSkinsDeepIn.jpg

The only adjustment I like to make on this play is to audible my left HB to a in route (so he will occupy the LB)

You right HB will draw down the light blue defender and your outside right WR will occupy the deep blue. Your slot WR is running a 10 yard out and he will be open right after his cut. For a change up, you can audible him to a deep in at 10 yards and hit him at his cut point as well. Always be sure to read the LOLB.

Play 4 - HB Draw - good run change up

SplitRedskinHBDraw.jpg

I like to slide protect my OL to aggressive.

Play 5 - HB Slip Screen - also a good change up

SplitRedskinHBSlipScreen.jpg

You can run the play as is, or as a wrinkle I will hot route my right HB (which I usually put in Randall Cobb here) and tell him to run a swing left and you get a wrinkle when it comes to your screen pass.

Let me know what you think. I am always open to more adjustments or things I didn't see before.

GO PACK!
    Last edited by JackParkman15; 12-29-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    "I'm the only winner on this team. The rest of 'em, they're losers. Either by choice, or by birth."

XBOX Gamertag - JackParkman15

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackParkman15 For This Useful Post:

MaddenMayhem4 (02-04-2013),zzmorg82 (12-29-2012)

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

I use this formation also, the only thing I do occasionally is motion out the right HB left to get him in space which would be good with that shake route. It sets up the screen better too because after hitting that right HB motioned out a few times, you get them keying in on him...then you do the same thing with the screen and boom! You have them user cover the right HB over the middle while you're running a screen underneath to the left HB going left and your right HB is running his route to the right. Just something to think about
    Last edited by Football_Fan_#1; 12-29-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Status
    In the moment.
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's also not a bad idea to put the left WR on a fade streak from that skins deep in. Especially if the coverages commits.

Status
    Aaron Rodgers Title Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Fan_#1 View Post
    I use this formation also, the only thing I do occasionally is motion out the right HB left to get him in space which would be good with that shake route. It sets up the screen better too because after hitting that right HB motioned out a few times, you get them keying in on him...then you do the same thing with the screen and boom! You have them user cover the right HB over the middle while you're running a screen underneath to the left HB going left and your right HB is running his route to the right. Just something to think about

Yes thanks. Exactly what I was looking for in terms of additional wrinkle. I just recently changed from NE playbooks to the skins. So I still have a lot of work to do.
    "I'm the only winner on this team. The rest of 'em, they're losers. Either by choice, or by birth."

XBOX Gamertag - JackParkman15

Status

These plays are for beginners

Status
    Gamertag
    MaddenMAYHEMcom
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good thread, good replies! Thanks for sharing

Status
    PSN ID
    ewing609

i can stay in sb bunch pretty much all game i just cant establish a good running game.....

Status

Bump and run murder these plays

Status

Thanks for posting these, man. Sad how people try and shoot down someone's work without offering anything helpful.

Status

Great stuff. Keep the tips coming.