Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best offense for an old guy?

Status

Default Best offense for an old guy?

Lets face facts. Most of the Madden players are young 20 somethings and us 40 year olds have slower reflexes. This means it takes us longer to see the crossing receivers. Pick out the open receiver in the bunch formations. Under center we get sacked too often by blitzes and when we run you bring Brian Urlacher up to smash us in the backfield.

Whats your suggesting for designing an offensive system designed for us older guys. I am thinking of some kind of ISO spread offense where we can look for open spaces and isolation coverage. Bunch formations tend to confuse us aspiring grandpas so I think single coverage spread receivers seem to be good for us. If we can get a spread attack going then we can start running. I was thinking the Colts playbook looks good..

Any suggestions?

Status
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ask Crice256 haha yess!!

But seriously he is in his 40's and is a beast
    PSN: Ballout337

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchMeSTEALIN For This Useful Post:

Football_Fan_#1 (09-04-2012)

Status
    Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

Quote Originally Posted by wonkastocks View Post
    Lets face facts. Most of the Madden players are young 20 somethings and us 40 year olds have slower reflexes. This means it takes us longer to see the crossing receivers. Pick out the open receiver in the bunch formations. Under center we get sacked too often by blitzes and when we run you bring Brian Urlacher up to smash us in the backfield.

Whats your suggesting for designing an offensive system designed for us older guys. I am thinking of some kind of ISO spread offense where we can look for open spaces and isolation coverage. Bunch formations tend to confuse us aspiring grandpas so I think single coverage spread receivers seem to be good for us. If we can get a spread attack going then we can start running. I was thinking the Colts playbook looks good..

Any suggestions?
    I can help you out there dude, my stick skills arent that great so I try to out smart the younger guys with scheme when I can. You ought to put your name on our waiting list in the Madden school superleague sub forum below. I will PM you a playbook you can use that has an E-book to go along with it. Its last years version but most of the plays are still there though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4th and Inches Xbox One League

Status
    Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

Quote Originally Posted by Niner_Fan_#1 View Post
    Ask Crice256 haha yess!!

But seriously he is in his 40's and is a beast
    Hey be nice, well you were kind of nice. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4th and Inches Xbox One League

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crice256 For This Useful Post:

CatchMeSTEALIN (09-04-2012)

Status
    Gamertag
    Ninerjunkie

Any suggestions?
    I'm an old dude (north of 40) who just got back into gaming last year, after a 20 year layoff. That's some funny shit right there! I'm feeling you brother!
    Ultimate Madden League: New Orleans Saints
    Season 1: 4-12
    Head Coach: Al "Wait Til' Season 2" Czervik
    Retired from UML in Season 2

Status
    GeeMoneyBags
    PSN ID
    bennie461
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL baller can help u i bet hes like staff
    Madden 13 skill points- 774

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bennie461 View Post
    LOL baller can help u i bet hes like staff
    Baller's head of MS in my eyes. If I had to choose anyone to "coach" me through a Madden game, theres no question who I'd pick

Status

Any suggestions?
    I agree with the slow reflexes part, but ur in ur 40s, Im 51 and get hand cramps when playing lol

Status

Keep it simple. Stick with 2 TE sets and only use a select few cues.

Make the presnap read before the action gets quick... Use motion to see if CBs are in man and create ability mismatches (Calvin Johnson in single coverage against LBer is a ability mismatch, 2 WRs on 1 DB via a flood is a formation mismatch).

The SS will tend to give away the coverage presnap by cheating down if it's a cover 3 or staying back in cover 2. But after you snap it the FS will give away the coverage provided your motion correctly identified man or zone. If FS goes straight back it's cover 3. If he goes slight angle back it's cover 4 or cover 6. If FS goes to cover one half of the field, it's cover 2.
    If it's man coverage though that will only tell you if you have man free cover 1, man lock cover zero (if FS is in man coverage... prepare for blitz) or man cover 2.

Once you know these, you only need to know which routes tend to beat the basic coverages...

Otherwise, you may just want to stick to power running which allows you to keep it simple. 49ers have some great run formations this year with tackle over, super I formation and such. Vikings have added 3 TE set with all 3 of them to one side that also is good formation for power running.

Status

:) Speak for yourself

LOL speak for your self, maybe its because I play a lot of first perso nshooters my stick game is still nice pushing 40. lol anyway go ol skool run the ball and go wit ha lot of double TE sets theres a lot of gems in the PATS playbook. remember the average games is 37 years old. its not that the 20 somethings are faster than us its that we have things like jobs lives sifes and girlfreinds that cut into out playing time. If I could play all day My stick game would be great to like 25 and under year olds lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hacush For This Useful Post:

CROM (10-30-2012)