Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

:) lol

also remeber with age comes experience, though I dont have the time to play like a under 20 year old ive been playing video game football since techno bowl and sims like Jo montanas football since the early 90s. us vets have seen everythign in madden and can eaisly combat sick speed with out knowledge of madden in general. basically keep it simple and think one play ahead what makes madden awesome is its essentially a chess game. experience from the past is your secret weapon being able to guess your oponents defense and what to call or what to option to. thats a great post lol

Gamertag
    StingrayVFL
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im 44 man, my reaction time has went south the last couple of years. It really shows when I play my 14 yr old. But, I can still whoop his ass based on scheme, lol. Although it looks too simple, I am in complete control with the Vince Lombardy play book on offense. The runs are quick hitting, except for shotgun, every formatin is a 2 rb, 2 we, 1 te set. The preset audibles are perfect to counter what you see on the field. It does look funny seeing the WRs in a 3 point stance but it seems they beat the jam quicker.

Is there any way I could get that same assistance please. Thanks. I'm new to the game.

Awesome tips guys..

"I am in complete control with the Vince Lombardy play book on offense"

I love that suggestion. I used to watch some show on public television when I was a kid where Vince would stand in front of a chalk board and run through all his plays, pulling guards, sweeps etc. EVERY PLAY he would draw to the end of the chalkboard for a TD PRICELESS.. Yes I will join the other forum somebody suggested,,

Thanks everybody,,

Found a clip of Vince on YouTube... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmtVeqMt6dc

I don't mean to press on stick skills because obviously they are important. However, for me, without steering someone to any particular playbook, I would recommend the spread sets. You can obtain these under center or from the gun and get them through a stock set or through motion. Either way, I think with the elimination of the pre-snap read basically, that it's best to put pressure on the defense vertically and horizontally depending on the coverage. I'm not dropping any knowledge here, but if your looking for a way to kind of help yourself out.......at least when passing, you may want to spread the defense out. Compressed sets, ...if your slow on your read, can be disaster whether under center or from the Gun. Your bringing defenders closer to the line (depending on the defense) in a compressed set. If you don't recognize a blitz or read a coverage, your setting yourself up for disaster from that set. Now, if you do recognize the blitz and the coverage, then compressed sets are just as deadly as before. I'm just trying to advise if you want a better way to break a defense down when passing, set up the man beater to one side and the zone to the other and spread em out. Just my opinion.

Gamertag
    KYWildcat256

The Patriots book is probably the best that I have used. It is good for the run and great for passing. THe Saints is a good book as well, but like the Pats book, everyone uses it. The Packers book is excellent as well and Baller has posted his scheme on here and is easy to find in the offensive section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4th and Inches Xbox One League

PSN ID
    OLDSKOOLQUECP

Wow...so prophet...u 51? Damn...I'm 50! Good to see others like me addicted...LOL!

PSN ID
    OLDSKOOLQUECP

LOL!! Going back thru some threads and here it is January 25th now....and after going thru the 49ers, Chiefs, Redskins, Browns, Packers, Panthers, Seahawks, and Ravens....guess what? I ended up right back with the Patriots PB again! LOL!!

Gamertag
    MaddenMAYHEMcom

I would grab the houston E-Book from this site, $25 and u have instant offense. all reads are there, just practice each one for 2 minutes to get timing down and you will be like us 25 year old whipper snappers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast