Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

telling man or zone presnap in 13

Status
    PSN ID
    Shabazz916
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBINERA12 View Post
    I never relied on pre snap reads to begin with.... post snap is what i look at. I heard its very difficult in m13 to get pre snap reads...
    You will be able to read pre snaps once you get used to the game.

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shabazz916 View Post
    You will be able to read pre snaps once you get used to the game.
    Not necessarily, at least not like in years past. Cover 3 and Cover 1 look basically identical until post snap. Cover 2 and 2 man under look exactly the same presnap but change post snap. You can make Cover 4 look like Cover 3 look like Cover 1. You can make Cover 0 look like Cover 2 if you really wanted to. You can disguise your defenses and they disguise themselves much better this year. Concepts like Stick where you are reading the flat defender are going to be important this year since they make the reads easier as they limit it down to one defender instead of the entire secondary. Packaging plays like the Stick Slip Screen I mentioned on the offensive board is something I see at least being recognized as a viable way of making the reads easier for the player.

Motion doesn't identify man or zone, compressed sets don't determine man or zone (not that I've heard of yet), Spreading the field doesn't determine man or zone. Nothing is concrete, if you can't read the safeties post snap you are going to be much worse off than you would have been in previous years.
    Last edited by baller7345; 08-25-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Fan_#1 View Post
    Mick's response below this one is correct. Even if the defense is in Cover 3, the outside CB will ALWAYS! follow the WR now...the defense simply switches zone assignments. And you mentioned audibling...how does that help him determine if it's man or zone??? He's not looking for a better look, he jus asking how to determine if it's man or zone.
    We do this in HS Football...if someone doesn't follow the motion it's probably a Madden Alignment issue as it was really bad in NCAA using the 3-3-5/4-2-5

Status

Indeed, baller is right here. I'm happy to see the end of this pre-snap man or zone idiocy. It's amazing just how many players would throw the ball right into purple zones last year because they "read man" before snapping the ball.

Pre snap reads are indeed important (press positioning, S coming up or not, positioning of LB and line, defensive formation all matter). However, when you are relying on them to make a decision before snapping the ball, then yes there should be ways to severely punish someone for that. There are in real life, after all.

Status

So far what i've noticed is if the Corners are closer to the line it tends to be man. And they are further back if it is zone.

Status
    Guru
    Gamertag
    Yukki Yoda
    PSN ID
    Yukki Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by youngsir620 View Post
    So far what i've noticed is if the Corners are closer to the line it tends to be man. And they are further back if it is zone.
    Don't play anyone good thinking like that. Using the base align or backing off coverage for the whole d or a certain receiver will have u thinking zone when its man and since u can press while playing zone u will get beat using that logic.

Just follow ballers advice and u'll do well.

Status

I love this ... Play calling and your ability to make reads is more crucial now. I'm glad I wont have to pause and re-assign players just to hid man or zone.

Status

yeah,pre snaps reads are good to know,but its not good to rely on them all the damn time

i dont come out in plays that specifically designed to beat man or specifically designed to beat zone
    i come out in plays that can beat man and zone,i dont care what defense u in,u gotta adjust to me
    its calm and collective for me at the LOS

you gotta force the issue

Status
    Gamertag
    Swauny Jones
    PSN ID
    SwaunyJones

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    Presnap reads typically aren't man or zone. They are MOFC or MOFO (1 safety high or 2 safety high). Are the Corners playing off or is it press? What does safeties/nickle back say about their pressure scheme (is it a blitz or not)?

Man or zone is easily disguised in the NFL and typically until you snap the ball you can't know for sure, there is a reason many concept are designed to defeat either MOFC defenses or MOFO defenses not zone or man individually.

I hate to sound like a noob but.... what does MOFC and/or MOFO stand for???

Status
    Madden Advisors

Quote Originally Posted by Swauny Jones View Post
    I hate to sound like a noob but.... what does MOFC and/or MOFO stand for???
    MOFO = Middle of the Field Open (2 High Safeties)

MOFC = Middle of the Field Closed (1 High Safety)