Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Passing Concepts and the Coverages they Beat Chart

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    idiot you doesnt know football term....what do you mean by dig.
    It's basically a deep in route at around 10-12 yards, typically used as the high read in concepts like Drive (dig and drag from the same side) and Shallow (dig and drag from opposite sides). Correct me if I'm wrong Baller, but my understanding is that an inside release is mandatory against press, which is why the game often makes the route stem inside for the first 3 or 4 steps.

edit: just realized Baller explained Drive and Shallow in his post...silly me, should have known!
    Last edited by cgm15; 07-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgm15 View Post
    It's basically a deep in route at around 10-12 yards, typically used as the high read in concepts like Drive (dig and drag from the same side) and Shallow (dig and drag from opposite sides). Correct me if I'm wrong Baller, but my understanding is that an inside release is mandatory against press, which is why the game often makes the route stem inside for the first 3 or 4 steps.

edit: just realized Baller explained Drive and Shallow in his post...silly me, should have known!
    @cgm15...what's up buddy!!! Long time no talk!!! Been waitin to see you in the forums again!!! Hit me up man, either here or on Xbox. We have a lot to talk about and I have some questions for you and I'd like to get in a game sometime before M13 comes out. Good to see you again man, I'll talk to you later

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Fan_#1 View Post
    @cgm15...what's up buddy!!! Long time no talk!!! Been waitin to see you in the forums again!!! Hit me up man, either here or on Xbox. We have a lot to talk about and I have some questions for you and I'd like to get in a game sometime before M13 comes out. Good to see you again man, I'll talk to you later
    Hey! Check your PM!

I've just been busy moving halfway across the country, that's all.

Status

very helpful. Thanks!

Status

good read

Status
    Seattle Til I Die
    Gamertag
    SSFCMofo
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Might sound like an idiot here but what does "MOFC" mean, Baller?
    I'm passionate about my Seahawks, Sounders, Mariners, Washington State Cougars & our Supersonics WILL BE BACK!
    M'12 sleeper team:
    CIN (50-15) 130-100 overall | M'13 sleeper team: CLE (16-9) 32-25 overall

PS3 gtag: ct_ballhawk

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks2300 View Post
    Might sound like an idiot here but what does "MOFC" mean, Baller?
    Middle of the field closed.

Status
    PointGuard:ShutdownCorner

Great post Baller, expansive football knowledge, I just feel like in the game provided to us by EA being a high level/ tournament competitive player will find this useless. In the way the game doesn't reflect football even 50% better players will never use a stock anything, just nanos with random defensive hot routes thrown in. I like that someone's willing to contribute to the football aspect, however. Props on the post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status

In skunks every time i've tried nanos and overload speed pressure against good players I'd get burned. When I started running base D's and just usering decently, I got some stops even against some of the better players in the league.

IMO nanos are overrated in madden. It's useful to know some for a surprise pressure now and then but I've not seen people relying on them too much do well consistently.

I've held a lot of offenses to <20 points using press 2 man under and either usering or individual audible-switching if they try to motion snap it.

Status
    PointGuard:ShutdownCorner

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeInTeam View Post
    In skunks every time i've tried nanos and overload speed pressure against good players I'd get burned. When I started running base D's and just usering decently, I got some stops even against some of the better players in the league.

IMO nanos are overrated in madden. It's useful to know some for a surprise pressure now and then but I've not seen people relying on them too much do well consistently.

I've held a lot of offenses to <20 points using press 2 man under and either usering or individual audible-switching if they try to motion snap it.
    If you think nanos are overrated, perhaps we can get a game in? I can see where your coming from, so perhaps we could show eachother a couple of things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.