Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reading Defenses for Dummies like me...

Status

Default Reading Defenses for Dummies like me...

um...not quite sure if i cant post this on this site...but uh...i was looking for some info on reading defense in madden...and heres an in depth look at coverages and what a qb should know.... Understanding coverages and attacking them with passing game | Smart Football

Status

You can always put a WR in motions. If the DB follows its man

Status

thanks for the insight much appreciated

Status

Come out in a tight or compressed set if the dbs move in towards the wrs its zone if they don't move and are lined up directly in front its man. If they are in zone and both safeties stay back most likely cover 2 if the ss drops into the box with the fs in the center if the field then most likely cover 3. Also what I do is go to practice mode and have the CPU on random and practice trying to identify the coverages eventuality you will not need to use compressed sets you will pick up in the tendencies of man and zone coverage but it takers a lot of repetition

Status

I still liked the link you put up. Some good shit applying to the game of football, not confined to a football game.

Status

You can tell between zone and man defense by viewing the extra movement put on the DBs before the snap. If there's no movement it's man defense.

Also, for cover 3 safeties will sort of reposition themselves a bit. In Cover 2 they won't do this.

Status

much appreciated guys

Status

its not too difficult. if you motion a guy you can tell exactly the play they are running. or just look at the safeties and cb's

Status
    League Commissioners

Quote Originally Posted by wavygravy2k View Post
    You can tell between zone and man defense by viewing the extra movement put on the DBs before the snap. If there's no movement it's man defense.

Also, for cover 3 safeties will sort of reposition themselves a bit. In Cover 2 they won't do this.
    Right on the money, and cover 4 the CBs fall back, and cover 2 zone the CBs press up

Status
    365 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drehef View Post
    Right on the money, and cover 4 the CBs fall back, and cover 2 zone the CBs press up
    Yes!!! COVer 2 ..streak over the middle

You really don't see alot of cover 4 out there... people run cover 3 about 40 percent of the time!