4-3 Man Under vs 3-4 Man Under

Status

Default 4-3 Man Under vs 3-4 Man Under

I have know idea why but the 4-3 version of Man Under is far superioi than it's 3-4 namesake. The 4-3 version does what the defense is designed to do; Play under the receiver knowing that ther's help over the top.

It does an excellent job of playing slants and drags as it undercuts these routes and the added time the QB needs to wait for a window causes pressures, hurried throws and sacks. It plays corners better than the 3-4 also. Don't believe me? Go and lab it yourself. I always wondered why players I played whose team was 4-3 based, played tight man so well and now I know.

My Baltimore Ravens are now using NYG defensive playbook. Goodbye 3-4, you've served me well.

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

They're the same... It's all in your head

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Fan_#1 View Post
    They're the same... It's all in your head
    Well my head is telling me that I labbed both and took both into game situations. I found there to be a big difference.

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dscola View Post
    Well my head is telling me that I labbed both and took both into game situations. I found there to be a big difference.
    I got the same results from both...

Status
    PSN ID
    Shabazz916
    Sports Logo

it all has to do with the players you haave and how you use the extra lb in the 3-4

Status
    Ball So Hard U. Moderator

Well, the difference is that in the 4-3 your Linebackers generally have better coverage ratings than the lienbackers in a 3-4.

For example, in the 3-4 if you play 2-man under you'd have Suggs or Kruger or someone playing MCV, in a 4-3 you wouldn't, you'd have McClain and Ellerbe playing MCV.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SnA ExclusiVe View Post
    Well, the difference is that in the 4-3 your Linebackers generally have better coverage ratings than the lienbackers in a 3-4.

For example, in the 3-4 if you play 2-man under you'd have Suggs or Kruger or someone playing MCV, in a 4-3 you wouldn't, you'd have McClain and Ellerbe playing MCV.
    That could be the case SnA. But they way Smith, Webb, and Williams play in that Nascar defense is so much different. I guess taking that 4th Lb off the field helps.

Status
    Ball So Hard U. Moderator

That could be the case SnA. But they way Smith, Webb, and Williams play in that Nascar defense is so much different. I guess taking that 4th Lb off the field helps.
    Like I said, in a 3-4 in this game, OLB's cannot and do not cover well unless they play for SF.