Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Madden 13 Offensive Approach

Status
    Madden Advisors
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by flyn42 View Post
    Quick hikes are gone, thank god.
    Are you positive of this? Have you tried to use any of the common ones from years past. I know you would have to user catch them which made me hopeful that they would be gone but I want an absolute confirmation of it before I celebrate.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    Are you positive of this? Have you tried to use any of the common ones from years past. I know you would have to user catch them which made me hopeful that they would be gone but I want an absolute confirmation of it before I celebrate.
    I only played the demo for about 30 minutes last night and didn't try to abuse any motion hikes but I did try a few quick passes out of the backfield before the RB icon lit up (ex: 689 Hook after he cuts upfield) and the QB threw a miserable pass every time. It wasn't user catch-able. I would think the same thing would happen if somebody tried a Madden 12 style motion hike throw.

I can't absolutely confirm it for you either though lol.

Status
    Gamertag
    THESHADOW1687
    PSN ID
    FLYNFOURTWO

Well I'm not positive but like cgm said, it would be almost impossible to do, also on the NCAA demo u can't do ghost routes or motion snap any more either.

Status
    Madden Advisors

Quote Originally Posted by cgm15 View Post
    I only played the demo for about 30 minutes last night and didn't try to abuse any motion hikes but I did try a few quick passes out of the backfield before the RB icon lit up (ex: 689 Hook after he cuts upfield) and the QB threw a miserable pass every time. It wasn't user catch-able. I would think the same thing would happen if somebody tried a Madden 12 style motion hike throw.

I can't absolutely confirm it for you either though lol.
    Well it seems that they have got rid of it based on yours and Flyn's experiences. Just to make sure, an arrow route or a flat route from the running back still lights up more or less instantly doesn't it?

Status
    Madden Advisors

Also how is the PA. I've been using the current one even though it sucks for years so any improvement would be nice and they promised it would be better.

Status

My offense will have to change, but not because they took out some glitch I use. For the first time in a 10+ years the Colts will no longer have the Peyton Manning run, Tom Moore one back attack. This is the offense I have ALWAYS run in Madden.
    http://understandingthetrickeration....colts-offense/
    http://smartfootball.com/offense/pey...-colts-offense
    The simplicity is bananas and coming out with the same personal listed, but in different formations put incredible strain on the D. I usually never get beat up when using this offense unless I am having a really off game or the person is using ultra cheesy tactics. Truthfully I don't remember how use a fullback and I don't really want to learn how because they are a waste of space IMO lol. I really hope custom playbooks make a comeback and work or I might be in some real trouble lol...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by baller7345 View Post
    Also how is the PA. I've been using the current one even though it sucks for years so any improvement would be nice and they promised it would be better.
    In the NCAA demo, I've gotta say... I'm really impressed with the PA so far. A lot of people have been saying on different forums that the PA only works because now it takes much longer to get to the QB, but I don't think that's true. Some of my overload blitzes that gave me instant heat in M'12 still work. But if you see a blitz coming, you can hold down RT (or maybe LT? can't remember, away from the game right now) and RB/QB both stop the fake and the RB picks up the blitz most of the time. There is more you can do to counter a blitz while in the middle of a fake, but you can still be sacked. Personally I like it that way. I was worried they would just make PA WAY TOO strong to counter everyone's complaints.

Also, I only tried one motion hike, but it was pretty impossible.
    Last edited by TChamberLn; 06-07-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Status

How is motion snapping fun? Even for the person doing it?
    PSN: Ballout337

Status

How is motion snapping fun? Even for the person doing it?
    Only time I can think of is vs the shake blitz.

Or on people who try to run past blockers untouched to stick a RB on run plays. I motion-snap a guy into the "gap shoots" people try to do all the time to counter that. Cheesy? Sure, but no more so than the ability to take a player and run past the fullback for a switch-off cpu hit stick while the fullback blocks nobody .

Interested in the run game for '13 as well as I've always loved running in madden.

Status

wait they arent going to let you slant towards the slide line only to the middle, what the hell is up with that
    Keep Hope Alive: Obama 2012