Quarter Length

Status

Default Quarter Length

What is the most realistic setting to use for how long a quarter should be as far as plays per game and final scores go. Has anyone expirmented with it. It seems 8 minutes a quarter is ok but the scores are somewhat low but I was doing the preseason when I was expirmenting.

Let me know. Thanks

Bagman

Status

6 minutes

Status
    Matty Snowballs
    Gamertag
    RogersChainsaw
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yup I would say 6 minutes as well. You get about 35 offensive plays in on average but since you score more times per play than in real life, the amount of points is roughly the same as it would be in the NFL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status

Now when I'm talking about the realism. I'm talking about the games that are simulated only not the actual ones u are playing. Still 6 min??

Status
    Matty Snowballs
    Gamertag
    RogersChainsaw
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

oh i see what you mean. If you simulate a game, then it is at 15 minutes cause if you go and look at the scoring summary after the game, you'll see times like 10:48 and other times from 6:00 - 15:00. But the only stats you'll really notice go up because of the extra time are pass attempts/run attempts & tackles. Unless you're a total beast with you're linebacker, then it's really hard to lead the league in tackles in an offline franchise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status
    Madden Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by bagman428 View Post
    What is the most realistic setting to use for how long a quarter should be as far as plays per game and final scores go. Has anyone expirmented with it. It seems 8 minutes a quarter is ok but the scores are somewhat low but I was doing the preseason when I was expirmenting.

Let me know. Thanks

Bagman
    I've found that with 7-8 minutes with acc. clock is fine. Without acc. clock the game takes a long time.

Status
    Swag Member

i do 6 mins. i think its a fair game