Player progression - how does it work?

Status

Default Player progression - how does it work?

I have a question about player progression in Madden 12, and since this is my first post on Madden School, please tell me if this thread should go anywhere else. I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I'm playing the Jets in franchise mode and at the start of it Mark Sanchez had an overall rating of 83. For some reason he had an aaawesome season, racking up 45 touchdowns and 12 ints (this playing on all-pro), won MVP awards etc. And as the second season began, he had progressed to 84. I mean cooome ooon. What do they base this stuff on? Because it apparently can't be stats. My 3rd string RB Bilal Powell took about 4 carries all season and went from 64 to 70.

I am very confused, as I want the realistic feeling of players improving over the season (like the roster update on online franchise, where players seem to increase and decrease every week).

/ Hugo

Status

The only thing I can tell you is that they cap players off at some OVR. Like, no matter how good Tebow does for you in his franchise his hypothetical OVR will NEVER be higher than 90.

I don't get it neither. Madden really needs to do away with potential.

Status
    Tom Brady's Fourth Ring
    Gamertag
    dontneedcheats
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With no potential, what's the point of doing a long time franchise? If I trade for someone like Jordan Shipley, who will be VERY good in a couple years, willl just stay a 74 his whole career. Or someone like Rob Gronkowski, who will break tons of records, and become a superstar, will stay at an 84. I like the potential aspect, as it makes everything WAY more realistic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Jeff"Cuel"Tuel
    SuperLeague Record:69-21
    Madden-School SuperLeague:Pittsburgh Steelers
    Season 1: 2-2

Status

Do away with potential, and set it through milestones. I know it may be more primitive, but it's a lot more statistically correct. If a player gets 4000 yards, and a 4-1 ratio with TD to INT he shouldn't go up one point. He should go up at least 4-6. They should eliminate ceilings, and only progress the player if he actually contributes, ESPESCIALLY, later in their careers. I do think they should keep a potential for young players though.

Status
    PSN ID
    Shabazz916
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Genno View Post
    Do away with potential, and set it through milestones. I know it may be more primitive, but it's a lot more statistically correct. If a player gets 4000 yards, and a 4-1 ratio with TD to INT he shouldn't go up one point. He should go up at least 4-6. They should eliminate ceilings, and only progress the player if he actually contributes, ESPESCIALLY, later in their careers. I do think they should keep a potential for young players though.
    yea there should be no ceilings. i mean look at romo no 1 expect him to be this good.. or even brady... u cnt cap ppl. thats unrealistic

Status

I can answer a question but that leads me to more questions. Their progression is based on their potential. A, B, or C with A being the best.

The question I have is will players progress regardless of playing time or not or should they be inserted in blow out games?