Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Onside Kick Glitch and How to Counter it

How many of you have played the people who do nothing but onside kicks? I've encountered two of them now, and they literally only do onside kicks, with no exception. I guess their entire gameplan is to hope you don't recover one or two, and that it will give them an advantage? I swear people just get lamer and lamer as you move up the ladder

EDIT: I want to warn of all you guys about a new glitch going around as well, PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!

Basically it is about trickery, but will totally hose you over if you get caught by this. What they do is a deep kickoff, but all the way to the sideline, with the arrow pointed all the way to the top. They will kick it at 50%, and when done right, it looks like it is going to go out of bounds, but will only bounce one time and sit there. This kick is totally different, and will NOT bounce out when done correctly, it can be very easy to get fucked over by this. You will literally see the kick going right next to the sideline, and think it will go out, but the bounce is totally different. If you grab your guy to pull away, it will sit about an inch from going out, and they will recover it on about your 30 to 20 yard line, which can easily change the game. If you guys see any deep kick with a ton of hang time, where the circle is right next to the sideline, and it looks like it will go out of bounds, DON'T BE FOOLED! DO NOT manually move your guy too much, sit right next to where it lands, to recover it if it doesn't go out. They have specifically showed videos of them screwing people over with this glitch, and it isn't obvious at all, their opponents were cheated by it big time. DO NOT EVER assume the ball is going to land out of bounds on a deep kickoff, sit right next to it. The ones who are really good at it do it so good that it even looks like it is past the line, so make sure you run up to it after it looks like it bounced out, to ensure it isn't sitting right on the line for them to recover it. From what I can tell, the game will for some reason let it go a bit past the line without it being called out of bounds, it will look like it went out, and then they will run up and recover it. DON'T BE CHEATED!

EDIT2: If you ever think a surprise onside kick is coming, the one where they fake the deep kickoff, and do a 10 yard kick, here is how to counter it:

Come out in your onside formation, because this is your hands team, the guys who have good awareness, and can catch dependably. If it is a deep kickoff, just audible to a regular kick recovery. If they try to do a surprise onside kick, the computer will recover it every single time. If you DON'T use your hands team, many times your guy in the middle will miss it, and they get it back. The hands team does not have as good of blockers mind you, but if you think the surprise onside is coming, I really suggest you use this. You don't have to worry about them getting the ball back, the computer does a great job of recovering it in this case. DO NOT manually try to recover it, the computer does a much better job with the hands team.
    Last edited by cyrax; 11-10-2011 at 03:12 AM.

i just played someone who did the same and then he kicked it to the end zone and actually scored from recovering it?? i dont get it, he lost then started bitching saying i cheated to beat him...that is is impossible for me to win with what he wad doing, im like ok....keep cheating....you suck, you cheated and still lost...people are losers just play the game an have fun..whats the point in cheating all the time?

i love people who onside kick only, i normally win like 65-0

Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan2121 View Post
    i just played someone who did the same and then he kicked it to the end zone and actually scored from recovering it?? i dont get it, he lost then started bitching saying i cheated to beat him...that is is impossible for me to win with what he wad doing, im like ok....keep cheating....you suck, you cheated and still lost...people are losers just play the game an have fun..whats the point in cheating all the time?
    Well even worse are the onside kickers that purposely try to fuck up the mechanics, one guy would kick it all the way to the sideline perfectly 10 yards, and actually recovered it once. It's much harder for your hands team to get, since generally only one guy has a shot to get it before their guys get to it, if he misses, they get it. If they are using this tactic, make sure the guy on your hands team closest to the sideline has great awareness and catching, because if he doesn't, they can pull this bullshit on you. Always wait to see if they are doing an onsides kick, it will show you on the bottom of the screen, that way you don't have to worry about them kicking deep.

Another cheap tactic people will try is a kick at 50%, with the arrow all the way up, and they kick it deep. It looks like it will go out of bounds, but it only bounces once. If you pull away thinking it will go out of bounds, they recover it. The glitchers over at "Madden All Stars" are promoting this tactic, so watch out for it. If you see a kick with a ton of hang time that looks like it is going out of bounds, manually control that guy and sit by it, in case it doesn't. With the way they do it, it bounces completely different, so be totally prepared for this.

I've encountered that one a few times, but luckily I already knew they were out there promoting it in their retarded "elite guides." NEVER trust it is going out of bounds if they do a high kick like that, because they are probably trying to glitch. One thing I've learned is to NEVER assume people are going to do a regular kickoff, I ALWAYS wait now to see, because you might not be able to audible to your onside kick in time if you fuck up, they kick it VERY fast so that you can't. Once they have the meter started, you're hosed if you are out of position, so always wait to see what kick they will do.

If you're ever worried about the surprise onside kick, where they pretend to kick it deep, and then just do that little 10 yard kick, there is a counter to that too. If you think it's coming, come out in onside formation (your hands team) and then audible to a regular kickoff return. If they do the surprise kick, the computer will always recover it, don't try to manually do it. They can only do it once per game, so after that happens, if you see it's a regular kickoff, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Alot of people say hitting LT to strafe with the guy in the middle will recover it, but usually the ball goes right behind him, and they will get it. The only sure way to prevent yourself from being hosed by the surprise onside kick, is to the onside recovery, and audible to regular recovery. Most times they will get it back if they do a surprise kick, and you're in deep kickoff formation, it sucks.

ALWAYS bring out the hands team and audible to a regular kickoff if you think the surprise onside is coming.

RGIII To Cleveland Blow The Whistle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SportsChick91 View Post
    i love people who onside kick only, i normally win like 65-0
    LMAO... if their onside kicking against you then that means their usually scoring... Silly

or then again you might be stating a 'figure of speech'.

Quote Originally Posted by Blow The Whistle View Post
    LMAO... if their onside kicking against you then that means their usually scoring... Silly

or then again you might be stating a 'figure of speech'.
    I was kind of wondering the same thing, because they'd only be able to onside kick once the whole game if they never scored? I mean if they never got a single point, they'd only kickoff at the beginning, or at half time, depending on who won the toss, and what they chose.

By the way, the lamer I played was absolutely horrible, I think he only got about one touchdown. He had enough money plays to get him down the field a few times for field goals, and of course, he onside kicked it each and every time he possibly could.

After a couple field goals, I found a simple solution to his money plays. I began coming out in like a Cover 1 man, and then leaving his top two receivers man to man, and everyone else in zones. He'd motion his guy across the field, read man, call a money play to beat man, and get picked off over and over rofl. He was basically just running Falcon Cross and PA Pats Corner as his money routes against man, a couple curl zones with the applicable receivers spotlighted got me a ton of picks. I have fallen in love with spotlighting, the best use for it ever is spotlighting a guy who is running corner routes to get behind your curl zones, and in front of your safeties. A guy in a curl zone with that receiver spotlighted will follow him all the way out

You oughta try that shit out, it's bomb. Next time you run into the cheesers who only have a couple money plays for zone and man, do that. Come out in like Cover 1 man or Cover 2 man, leave his two favorite receivers covered man to man, and then put everyone else in zones of your choice. They will read man, call one of their money routes to beat man, see their receiver who is manned up running the money route beat his guy, and promptly throw an interception to your guys in zones

I pretty much always am playing some form of combo coverage now, there is no reason not to. It's incredibly confusing, and you can always adjust it to their tendencies. My defense has really stepped up since I started doing it, and you get so many user picks.
    Last edited by cyrax; 11-10-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Aaron Rodgers Title Belt JackParkman15's Avatar

I have found that if I pick middle return 2 and just let the compute recover I have not once had a problem with surprise onside kick. I think there is a thread on here somewhere where someone suggested the middle return 2.

I love when people onside kick, I won't even audible down I just let my two guys sit there. most of the time they recover it anyway or it goes out of bounds.
    "I'm the only winner on this team. The rest of 'em, they're losers. Either by choice, or by birth."

XBOX Gamertag - JackParkman15

To recover surprise onside kicks click on the closest returner and hold LT for strafe until the ball is kicked off, the second the ball is kicked off click off that defender and he'll run forward for the recovery without losing a step running back. Don't try to do it yourself as the the camera switch is EXTREMELY disorienting.

The 50% Pooch kick isn't a glitch, it's just a pooch kick. Catch it or return it, you roll the dice every time you bank on it going out of bounds.

best way to counter surprise onside kick,is to sub your MLB with the highest awareness as the backup MLB

Kick return middle 2
    Downside is you have to maually sub him back in the gm
    Last edited by DigitalSwagerz; 11-10-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: lol

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnyo View Post
    To recover surprise onside kicks click on the closest returner and hold LT for strafe until the ball is kicked off, the second the ball is kicked off click off that defender and he'll run forward for the recovery without losing a step running back. Don't try to do it yourself as the the camera switch is EXTREMELY disorienting.

The 50% Pooch kick isn't a glitch, it's just a pooch kick. Catch it or return it, you roll the dice every time you bank on it going out of bounds.
    Actually the whole LT thing is easy to counter, so I wouldn't rely on that if you are pretty sure the surprise onside kick is coming. I tested it out myself, I just watch my opponents to see if they are strafing that guy around when I'm kicking off. If they are, you just kick it a little further, it goes right past them when they strafe, and they can't turn around in time to recover it. I've tried it myself, and it does get right past people using the strafe method, and I recovered it. The only FULL PROOF way to recover a surprise onsides kick is putting your hands team out there, and audibling to a regular return.

As far as this kick I'm talking about, it is different. Most people don't know what they're doing, but those who do can screw you over. You can actually kick it slightly out of bounds without the game registering it, and to the person returning it, it will look to be out, and then the other team will recover it. It literally doesn't bounce hardly at all, and it will be almost all the way to the edge when it lands. I think there is a video somewhere of a guy using this tactic, I'll try to find it, you'll be surprised how easy it would be to get fooled by it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast