Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Madden 12 Draft Cheat Sheet/Draft guide

I made a draft cheat sheet/draft guide for Madden 12.

Yeah i know you're thinking "but they randomized the names this year!"
    But they don't randomize height, weight, round and university. So give it a try
    http://bit.ly/of4YRb

It's a bit tricky to use at first but i added some helpful features and sorting buttons to make it more helpful.
    It includes all rookies with potential A and B and it should include all 30 draft classes.

How it works:
    Go to the scouting screen in Madden 12 franchise mode and sort the QBs by projected round. Type the position, height, weight and first letter of university of the highest ranked QB into the search field in the cheat sheet app. If you don't get a match, try the next highest ranked QB and so on...

Once you get a match, the app will display all rookies with potential A or B available in the current draft. You'll need to find the rookies in the game by matching height, weight,university and draft round to the one shown in the app.

I added a field where you can save the rookie's name in that years draft if you find someone you really want to keep an eye on. That way it'll be a bit easier to find him once you get to the actual draft session.
    Last edited by NoseKills; 10-06-2011 at 11:34 PM.

This seems interesting, I've been playing madden for about 3 years and haven't really had much interest in the drafts. Could you help me out by explaining this a little further and breaking down everything for me to understand?

Madden has 30 hand made rookie "classes" consisting of ~400 rookies. When you play Franchise mode, after each pre-season, the game randomly selects one of these classes for you to scout and pick rookies from.

So i went through the trouble of scouting all ~3000 pot A and B rookies in each 30 draft classes in the game. I wrote down their position, height, weight, first letter of their university, OVR and POT.

I made a "database" out of them and made this flash app to display the data.

The tricky new thing this year's game is that every time the draft class is selected, the names of the rookies are randomized, so you can't use them to identify rookies. That's why we'll use height weight and university, which are not randomized.

The first thing you need to do in Madden, if you want to cheat in the draft, is to find out which draft class the game randomly selected for you in your franchise mode. This is done by typing in info of a player from Madden's scouting screen into my apps search field.

Since my data has only the values of all POT A and B player, the trick is to guess who has POT A or B in the scouting screen. I think all classes have at least one RND 1 QB that has POT A or B, so it's best to start typing in the info of the top projected QBs from the scouting screen. You need to type in the POS, height, weight and first letter of university in their respective fields without punctuation, for example: QB 511 198 R. If you don't get a match or get multiple matches, try the next QB or the next one... Or another position.

Once you get a match you'll be shown the list of all the POT A and B rookies to help you in drafting.

Let's say you need a good linebacker. You can use the app to see the best linebackers in the draft class and what are their projected rounds. You can estimate what you'll be able to get with your draft picks and once you've narrowed down who you want to pick down to a couple of players, look at their height, weight and university and locate them in my app based on those values. You can even write down their names in the "notes" field next to the player in my app. Once you get into the draft and it's your turn to pick, use the filters in Madden 12 to see just the linebackers, then "browse" the players and find the player you wanted (or the best available) based on their h, w, and univ, or if you already wrote down their name when scouting, you can just use that to locate the right player.

Hope this clears it out a bit.

This was awesome man

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is fu@#ing awesome. Thanks for your work. I will not be sharing this with my league. LOL.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Holy shit man, you are awesome!!!! Great work!

Thank u

Work online?

Now you just need to do a program for the imported draft classes...

Junior Member Goin Ham 24/7 365's Avatar

This seems really useful. Does it work for Online Franchise as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast