Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Defense

Status

Default Best Defense

This is my last post if I get enough help.

What is the best defense to use, realistically. I use random teams so I play with EVERY SINGLE TEAM, and I don't know what playbook to use. I've tried 46, I'm not too good with it, i'm alright. I've tried 3-4, 4-3, Multiple D & NY and i'm not too good with them, but if anybody has a reason to stick with one of those and a few plays that are really good and plays that shut down run and pass, post up.

Status
    SIM Style
    Gamertag
    EL D1ABL05

go to the exclusive section and check out EXTREMEWTPROCKERS 46 fake blitz plays... it has everythign that you need to know... what system are you on?

Status

I'm on 360, and I checked out that thread, NOTHING worked. I set everything up right and I couldn't get anything to work so I moved on from 46, it got too tedious.

Status

love 4-6 its a beast

Status
    Ball So Hard U. Moderator

I like 3-4 better in this game. Gives you a lot more versatility than the 46 does. And for some reason, the 46 does not stop the run as well as the 3-4 does for me because my defensive line (despite it containing Ngata, Cody, Suggs, and Redding) can't EVER get off of a single blocker, which leads to my backers getting blocked, which leads to 30 yard or more runs...

But the playbook you use always depends on the team. Much like plays in the game, there isn't just one best play that can destroy all, much like there isn't just one playbook for every team that is good.

Status
    Gamertag
    N9ne 16 N9ner
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by .PreMiiX. View Post
    This is my last post if I get enough help.

What is the best defense to use, realistically. I use random teams so I play with EVERY SINGLE TEAM, and I don't know what playbook to use. I've tried 46, I'm not too good with it, i'm alright. I've tried 3-4, 4-3, Multiple D & NY and i'm not too good with them, but if anybody has a reason to stick with one of those and a few plays that are really good and plays that shut down run and pass, post up.
    NYJs defense book. It has every kind of D you'll need even the 4-6 Normal. There are so many good plays, add me on xbox and I'll play you and share sum stuff if you want. GT: Ant J916

Status

great im gonna try those

Status
    PSN ID
    XtremeWTRocker
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Miix, the only secret to defense is that no defense is perfect. Like you said, you play with a lot of different teams. Each of these teams have different personnels and have a defense that is better suited for them. But even if you have the right D for your team, if you don't understand the ins, outs, and strategy of your D, you will not succeed. Take for example my 46 thread. Sure there are a lot if great nanos in there, but if you don't know when to use them, they are useless. My most popular nano is Cover 1. If Cover 1 worked every single time there would be no need for me to post 100 other nanos on the thread. We'd also all be running 46 cover 1. That wouldn't be too much fun. I can tell you right now that I do not nano every play. That is what a lot of new and even some old madden players do not understand. We all get caught up in the nano hype. The real way to win games on D is see what the O does and adjust accordingly.

Maybe I should make a guide to running standard defenses and understanding where your players are on the field. I don't know, but I can tell you right now, you will not be successful in the long run running whatever D anyone tells you to run. You have to find the personnel and D that fits what you do.
    Last edited by XtremeWTRocker; 01-24-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeWTRocker View Post
    Miix, the only secret to defense is that no defense is perfect. Like you said, you play with a lot of different teams. Each of these teams have different personnels and have a defense that is better suited for them. But even if you have the right D for your team, if you don't understand the ins, outs, and strategy of your D, you will not succeed. Take for example my 46 thread. Sure there are a lot if great nanos in there, but if you don't know when to use them, they are useless. My most popular nano is Cover 1. If Cover 1 worked every single time there would be no need for me to post 100 other nanos on the thread. We'd also all be running 46 cover 1. That wouldn't be too much fun. I can tell you right now that I do not nano every play. That is what a lot of new and even some old madden players do not understand. We all get caught up in the nano hype. The real way to win games on D is see what the O does and adjust accordingly.

Maybe I should make a guide to running standard defenses and understanding where your players are on the field. I don't know, but I can tell you right now, you will not be successful in the long run running whatever D anyone tells you to run. You have to find the personnel and D that fits what you do.
    You are similar to a madden "Confucious", lol. However, I've rolled with the Raiders for a while- and i'm tired of that train. Their defense have the combined player IQ of Devin Hester, and he's real dumb. Actually, I play with the Ravens now. They have speedy corners with a few decent man coverage ones, and New York has been working well with me, however I have a few holes.

Status
    PSN ID
    XtremeWTRocker
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haha, thanks. That's fine. Now you just need to pick a D and understand the different concepts it has. This will take a lot of hard work and a lot of time in the lab. You need to figure out which players can cover which, what routes stop what, and work on your stick skill.