Need help with pass defense

Status

Default Need help with pass defense

My last 2 games I've given up 31 points back to back and a combined 900 passing yards. Although I won both 52-31 and 37-31. I've never given up over 30 points in back to back games in my entire 6 year online career. I only gave up 3 games over 30 points in all of my 150+ games in Madden 10. In Madden 11 however when I call any type of zone coverage I get beat deep every single time. It never fails.. And when I call man I can get beat with a cross every time. I play with the Raiders and use the 46 book. Anyone got any suggestions? This is the first year in Madden my defense seems to not be so good.

Status

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    My last 2 games I've given up 31 points back to back and a combined 900 passing yards. Although I won both 52-31 and 37-31. I've never given up over 30 points in back to back games in my entire 6 year online career. I only gave up 3 games over 30 points in all of my 150+ games in Madden 10. In Madden 11 however when I call any type of zone coverage I get beat deep every single time. It never fails.. And when I call man I can get beat with a cross every time. I play with the Raiders and use the 46 book. Anyone got any suggestions? This is the first year in Madden my defense seems to not be so good.
    You are not alone on this one dude. However, I was reading a post about the patch that is going to be coming out here in about a week and it is suppose to fix the crappy zone coverage and hopefully return it back to Madden10 style. Have you tried the man/zone coverages? I like those because you get man on your WR's but you also get zone coverage as well to help out. That mix seems to work pretty well so far.

Status

Are those any certain plays or do I have to set them up?

Also my last game I had:

21 Rushes for 297 yards and led the Turnover battle 2-0. Still barely won in OT 37-31. That's how bad my Pass Defense is now............. This would of been a blowout in Madden 10.
    Last edited by Alex; 08-25-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Status

yea just blitz and pray right now LOL

Status

i've had decent success on defense. although im not always consistent and occasionally get into a shootout, i generally keep my opponents under 20 or so. the secret to good d is keeping the offense off balance and to get into your opponents head. the last 2 games i played i won 48-18 and 16-14, so i am definitely on to something with the D finally. the most important aspect of playing d is getting pressure on the QB. i usually call some nanos with press man coverage early in the game. this should get you a few sacks or turnovers possibly. you cant count on one thing to work continuously however; you have to change where the pressure is coming from and all that good stuff. For example, make it look like the pressure is coming from one side, when really it is coming from a different spot. mix up man and zone too, and you can also audible a few times at the line between man and zone to confuse the opponent. another trick i use occasionally is setting up like im bringing heavy heat, when really im just in a normal zone coverage play. this tends to work great late in the game. try some of these techniques and you might have some success.

Status

One thing I notice in this years madden is if the QB is getting pressured he will over throw the receiver