Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Controlling the defensive lineman, how to get pressure

Status

Default Controlling the defensive lineman, how to get pressure

Are there any secrets/tips to get pressure when controlling the defensive lineman?

I use the right stick (I have a PS3) to do the power and finesse moves but rarely do I ever get any pressure whatsoever when I'm controlling the DL.

It seems like the only time that I can ever get pressure is by blitzing. Otherwise, the other guy has tons of time to run his pass plays.

Status

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by balufudus View Post
    Are there any secrets/tips to get pressure when controlling the defensive lineman?

I use the right stick (I have a PS3) to do the power and finesse moves but rarely do I ever get any pressure whatsoever when I'm controlling the DL.

It seems like the only time that I can ever get pressure is by blitzing. Otherwise, the other guy has tons of time to run his pass plays.
    Yeah if you are not bringing any heat you should not expect to really be able to get at the QB all that quickly, if at all. If you want to get to the QB then you almost have to bring some flavor of a blitz.

You shouldn't pick your play until you see what your opponents offense looks like (ie. RBs, WRs, and TEs) to give you an idea how many eligible receivers he has. This also might clue you into if he is going to run or not but that is never guaranteed. Depending up what the offense looks like might dictate your D formation (3-4, nickel, dime, etc) and if you want to blitz or not.

Status

Bring that heat as much as possible flip mode on them

Status

Quote Originally Posted by atomicwhoopass View Post
    Yeah if you are not bringing any heat you should not expect to really be able to get at the QB all that quickly, if at all. If you want to get to the QB then you almost have to bring some flavor of a blitz.

You shouldn't pick your play until you see what your opponents offense looks like (ie. RBs, WRs, and TEs) to give you an idea how many eligible receivers he has. This also might clue you into if he is going to run or not but that is never guaranteed. Depending up what the offense looks like might dictate your D formation (3-4, nickel, dime, etc) and if you want to blitz or not.
    I'm not expecting to be able to bring heat every time with a DL but elite DLs should be able to get pressure.

I tend to mix things up quite a bit when I play so I'm fine bringing heat every couple of plays. I'm more interested in the situations where I'm in a base man/zone play towards the end of the game where I know that the other guy has to pass and i'd rather not blitz and leave myself vulnerable to a big play.

Is what you're saying also true for the elite DLs? That there's nothing I can do so that those guys generate pressure on their own?

Status

I agree, in the late quraters I just go to previous plays to pick my defenses if the person takes too long to pick offenses and my time is short.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by atomicwhoopass View Post

yes this is extremely important, dont't pick your play until you know what the opponent is gonna have on the field, if it's 2 wide recievers or less i usually blitz with press coverage

Status
    NCAA11 top 100
    PSN ID
    GW_Bush_Murked_U

i honestly have zero respect for people who user lineman...it takes no skill at all, you might as well call your play and set the controler down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Mun Cheese View Post
    yes this is extremely important, dont't pick your play until you know what the opponent is gonna have on the field, if it's 2 wide recievers or less i usually blitz with press coverage
    I agree with the Cheese here also. If they only come out with 2WRs then I usually bring a blitz from a passing formation like the Dollar or Dime. This gives me the heat and enough DB's to cover those WR that they are going to have to pass to.

As for controlling a DL, this is something I generally do not do because I have never been able to get through to the QB to get pressure myself. But there have been times I have called standard Cover 2/3 plays and have sacked the QB without my controlling any DL.

Status
    PSN ID
    TonySanchez

Quote Originally Posted by MikeVickKennelClub View Post
    i honestly have zero respect for people who user lineman...it takes no skill at all, you might as well call your play and set the controler down
    totally agree

Status
    Banned
    Gamertag
    Oldstalecheetos
    PSN ID
    Oldstalecheetos

Quote Originally Posted by MikeVickKennelClub View Post
    lol... sounds like someone got schooled by a dlineman user...

anyways, try stunting dude... youll have good success with a 4 lineman front, taking the DE or DT and looping around another at the snap... if you take them off the line just before the snap, youll get a better jump on the stunt... its important not to hit the sprint until you get a gap to fly through... if you sprint before hand, the blockers will pick u up faster... no spy trash needed... just use the regular blitz