Begging for defensive help!!

Status
    Dolfan
    Gamertag
    BKirsch1620
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Begging for defensive help!!

Okay I am a philly player with Denver offensive PB and Tennessee defensive PB. I only do man coverage and have everyone bump and run (press coverage). I do 4-3 for 2 WR or 4-4 blitzs when I believe a run is coming ( I have one nano play and its in the 4-4 lol FS Blitz), nickel for 3 ( I like LB Dogs), dime for 4, and quarter for 5 WR. Like I said I only do man coverage so I just got absolutley chewed up by CIN because bryant and gresham would beat or create seperation from my DB's/ LB. My question is how can I combat that since I am only able to control one player at once (even when i do control one guy it hardly works) and are there any nice plays I should use out of Tennessee's PB?

Thanks a lot, Brandon

Status

try mixing in a little zone behind your man coverages....

if you playing tight man coverage on the outside, try following that up by puttin a d-lineman in a hook zone or Qb spy to prevent crossing routes. If you have a slower lb on a tight end in the inside (between the hash marks) , try zoning a delineman to a flat or curl zone to the outside side you think the d might be throwing. Mixin ' it up is the best way to confuse the cpu and a human.
    and also, philly has like 2 or 3 solid corner backs right? Whn you face some multi rec packages, try puttin assante on the slot rec. or on the 4th rec. You can spot light the other teams #1 rec. and for addded help double team him with a safety, leaving the most likey high rated assante covering a shitty 3 or 4th rec. he should have an awareness advantage on him. and usually when you send heat or in a crucial 3rd down people go to their slot rec. or tight end 1st as hot reads bc the pressure usually comes on those downs

Status
    Dolfan
    Gamertag
    BKirsch1620

if by zone do you mean 2 man press or under cuz i use that play a lot and cover 1 outta I think nickel or dime...okay but how do I know which d Lineman to audible I cant move cole or buckley they are to good so its parker and that other stiff DT lol.normally its ernie sims in coverage if that means anything... how do i put asante on the slot guy? and yes they have solid CBs bad FS in Allen and okay SS in Mikell and how would i double team with my safety wont that leave deep routes open...AHHH this is sooo hard hhahaa

Status

good points my friend.. lol,, this is hard, but its fucking fun , lol

I was more ref. like a cover 2 man under, where you could drop a saftey down. and re-route a line man or a lb covering a fullback.... If your using cover 1 ( good play) take DT (the stiff, lol) and send him to a zone to the side. He'll still play the run very well if your opp has selected a run, and iffpass, you have the added protection of him moving to the outside in a flat or curl zone

also 4 the zone question, just use um maye 3-4 cover 4 as an example... fake blitz, and shift db's to the inside... put 1 of your 4 lb on the tightend and user the strong saftey to the other side.. get it, u'll part zone part man. i use the ravens or jets d playbook cuz i run a lot of 3-4 and i like its moving parts.

as for the assante or ellis(rather short as we know being pats fans) When you know the off. is using multi rec. packages, you can also change your def. packasges as well. like if you go to Quarters , you have an option to move your strong cb's to the inside, by pressing pack subs a few times. Also for dime as well. When in nickel you can pack sub your SS or FS or #1 cb in the slot (or nickleback position).. Sometimes when i know my opp needs to pass 3rd and long, 4th and long.. shit even 2nd downs after a holding penalty , I'll come out in Quarters or Dime, and pack sub my d-line for linebackers, so now when i hot route my lineman to go to a hook or curl zone etc. they have better speed, awareness, and coverage skills. and the offense has no clue.

also unfornately theres no sure fire way to not leave both safteies back w/o using F@g d.. which i don't like to do.
    So somestimes it is a bit of a gamble to double. most of the time when i double team some 1, i'll user the other safety that has zone responsiblity, and just make sure i get a good back peddel to keep everytign in front of me.. try doubling with Mikel and usering the other saftey over the top.

Status
    Dolfan
    Gamertag
    BKirsch1620

Shit dude im gunna have to read that multiple times off of one read its a lot to take in hahaa. But thanks for your help I'm going to test ALL of this out ALL of it lol...Also I live in plymouth,MA just saying born in Miami so loyal Fins fan

EDIT-didnt realize my location is shown...fuck lol

Status

is it still R2 and the receiver (on PS3) to highlight a receiver? I tried this yesterday and it never worked! This game is getting closer and closer to being trashed! My blood pressure is going through the roof!! LOL
    First to show;
    Last to go..
    Perfection takes Practice!!

Status

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dabirdsbaby View Post
    is it still R2 and the receiver (on PS3) to highlight a receiver? I tried this yesterday and it never worked! This game is getting closer and closer to being trashed! My blood pressure is going through the roof!! LOL
    The ability to highlight a receiver on defense has been taken away it seems this year for online play. It is still available when playing against the computer. Not sure what they did that...all or none in my book.